11 Posts

Dungeon Command: Blood of Gruumsh» Forums » General

Subject: Box Cover Art - guesses on minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Adam
msg tools
Amazon.com has a picture of the box on the order page:

[geekurl=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786960426/ref=s9_simh_se_p14_d2_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=auto-no-results-center-1&pf_rd_r=8E2FA171810C4E82ABAA&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=grumash]Blood of Gruumsh at Amazon.com[/geekurl]

Anybody have any guess as to which miniatures are shown on the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thus far the cover art for these games have been rather literal in showing the features of the mini itself. So the big guy is a mystery since he doesn't match any existing Ogre or Hill Giant. Would be cool if the large creature in this set was the new sculpt.

The orcs are also odd since there are hardly any DDM orc minis that wear helmets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
We can at least expect new paint jobs from the old D&D Mini's, as well as color coordination. There's some variation in the old mini's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Orc shaman savage shaman sure ive seen that guy in the back ground as a recent mini.
2 hill giant barbarian? not the same shape as art but wearing rags and tatters and necklace or ogre ravager?
3 Orc D&DS system smasher
4 Orc D&DS archer
5 orc maybe repeat archer (since drow guard and spider came x2)
6 orc maybe repeat smasher
7 orc commander duel wielding sword and axe? guy on left?
8 orc D&DS wolf shaman
9 orc
10 orc
11 large number 2?
12 animal to brake it up a little...

I don't know enough about previous minis lines...ebay minis not really matching like you say
loths box art does nto show the figures in the model pose..Wizard and Umber hulk..
search for gruumsh and there some nice minis, duel axe guy and nice cleric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercury Nonymous
msg tools
I think there might be an ogre in there as one of the Large choices - big guy and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully we get Hill Giant AND Ogre, that would be some progress towards a DDAS adventure for Steading of the Hill Giant Chief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Hopefully we get Hill Giant AND Ogre, that would be some progress towards a DDAS adventure for Steading of the Hill Giant Chief.

Perhaps some of our esteemed Dungeon Command designers will reveal information at GenCon this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://thetome.podbean.com/2012/08/20/dnd-seminar-minis-boar...

At 00:50, there is mention of an Orc Druid with a Beast-related ability that would work with earlier beasts from other factions.

So that's 1 Orc Druid and at least 1 or 2 beast creatures in this set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good grief, that seminar recording is really hard to listen to.

Most creatures in Blood of Gruumsh are new sculpts based on art direction being done for D&D Next.

Orc Chieftain
Ogre (new sculpt)
Orc Archer
Orc Cleric of Gruumsh

Order card example is Beastmaster - beasts deal +10 damage.

One of the commanders has a deployment ability similar to the Shadow Mastiff.

Edit: I misheard, it will be ALL new sculpts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Adam
msg tools
I wonder if there will be a second large figure besides the ogre. The first two sets look like the included their largest two figures on the cover. Tyranny of Goblins doesn't look like it shows the troll, so I think there is still hope for another large figure. I would love a hill giant, but I would not be shocked if a giant focused faction came later.

If there is another large, I hope it isn't an animal. That said, I would not be shocked if there was a dire wolf.

I'm hoping the animals included are medium sized ( boars maybe), and we get a second large that is more unusual. Maybe a large elemental or some kind of yugoloth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, a large beast or elemental is very likely since the druid has the ability to summon beasts and elementals next to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.