Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Waller
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Here's another question that I absolutely cannot find an answer for.

The rule book on p23, in the grenade example, states that the chance of a standing soldier taking damage from a grenade is much greater than that of the prone soldier. And it gives a soldier a chance to PC check and go prone (if out of further turns). Okay, so prone is good here.

But I can't find a single reference that modifies damage to a prone soldier from a grenade attack. It appears that all soldiers in the grenade hex roll on the same damage table effect line without any modifier for being prone. ???soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have the rules with me and it has been a while since I played but I seem to recall that something about "grenade inside" and "grenade outside" lines being used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eastman
United States
Some Town
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi You are correct to a point. 10/1 Section 3 does state FCM's chart are not used; thus stance of the target and terrain in the target hex have no effect;" The key point to this is same rule 10/1 but section 5. "A prone soldier panics instead of becoming wounded." If you read into the Notes section just below the Weapon Type Chart listings and look for the bolded Wnd/Prone You'll get your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Waller
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
cmesml wrote:
"A prone soldier panics instead of becoming wounded."

Thanks Chris. I have the original version and rules and mine doesn't say the above in 10/1 section 5. I do see the "wnd prone" on the WTC. So I'll apply a panic to a prone soldier on a roll of 0-6. Makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.