Subject: Case three rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

I dug deeper into the SI game system and have now incorporated the campaign system.
Zak, are you aware how many options you included into this game ... ?

I tried to catch them all, removed some, added some ideas of my own.

Now only the Hive complex waits for incorporation and all those additions provided via the internet (the Last Outpost, the Horde, etc.).

Here we go.

It all starts with a campaign. I play one at a time.
I don't use the large sheets provided in the rules book but those small ones that also fit into card protectors if there is a need for it.
The possible campaign options are ... many ...
Two important parameters:
The Alert level (always 1 at start of a campaign; the increments to level 2 and 3 are NOT fixed during a campaign; the more successful the player is, the higher the chance that the enemy will react more violently) and the Difficulty level. I established a total of 14 levels. Level 4 is a neutral one as it does not modify any RN drawing results.
At start of a campaign, all units are available, they are in the "Ready" room.
Note the other two "rooms": the one for the WIA units, and the other for the KIA units. As a player you want to keep both these rooms empty.

Here is an example for a combination of available game material and my efforts to improve the game handling.
Those counters are great. But where is the one for the Pilum, Zak?
It would also be great if there show up more vehicle types in the expansion.
cool
After running through the campaign definition procedure (quite simple), the sheet is filled with the core data.
Campaign SECRETARY consists of 4 missions, the Difficulty level currently is at 4, the first mission (SECRETARY/1) has a time limit of 22 Time units, the team may use a maximum of 130 points; there are eight resources available; the Alert level is 1, and the team has 0 Victory points so far.

Now it's time to focus on the mission.
The randomly determined mission comes with a surprise ... the available resource caches are variable (an option of the original game).

Regarding the enemy ...
Another variation. This time the enemy will be less threatening, but will show up in higher numbers.

At start of each mission, the team may opt to take 0 to 2 so-called strategic options. This one was selected.
By selecting only one, the victory point score may see an extra 1, if all goes well.

Now the team can be established.
Note the two units marked with the extra Armor counters.

The first mission can now be executed.

Mission Debriefing.
All units that survived non-WIA gain XP.
There are many options possible here.
Units may accumulate XP, change to veteran status or get a talent.
The Close Combat unit exchanges its 3 XP for this talent.
Another example.
Who says that scientists cannot punch an opponent?
This picture shows four of the mission team units.

As the ATV was destroyed, the unit card is now placed here.

The final step is to check for awards.
Audrey did a good job.

Mission SECRETARY/2 is about to begin.

I hope this provided a glimpse into the vast potential and fun of the SPACE INFANTRY game system.

Zak, there will be more.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.