Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Witold H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

My wife and I moved to Stockholm this week, and now among looking for jobs and etc. we are looking for fellow board-gamers in the area.

A little about us: we moved from Ireland recently where we had a few friends who would meet weekly for a casual night of board-gaming. I am an engineer and a photographer. My wife is a photographer and homemaker. We speak English as our main language, and only start learning Swedish.

We enjoy a wide range of games between us, and own several boardgames as well. We don't mind sharing our games with a friendly group of gamers!

So! Anyone in Stockholm/Enskede area or otherwise up for a friendly meet-up/gaming session?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
They're playing each… tuesday? at Dragon's Lair on Kungsholmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
They're playing each… tuesday? at Dragon's Lair on Kungsholmen.

yes every tuesday. They are also playing on sundays, but I dont know if sundays are common knowledge yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome to come join us in Sodertalje for some gaming. My family is American and we speak English at home, but Thursday nights my gaming buddies come over and while we tend to speak Swedish then, everyone is comfortable speaking English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll give the Dragon's Lair a go next week.

Yoki - thanks for your invitation, we'll take you up on it, we can arrange details via geekmail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
You're welcome to come join us in Sodertalje for some gaming. My family is American and we speak English at home, but Thursday nights my gaming buddies come over and while we tent to speak Swedish then, everyone is comfortable speaking English.
I'm not a member of your group but I'm a Swede and me personally I'm not "comfortable" speaking English. I'm rather comfortable writing it though, and if someone want to speak English themselves that's just fine and I have no trouble whatsoever reading it.

But yeah.. If I can avoid it I prefer to not try to speak English =P, I suppose I can make myself heard / it's possible to get what I mean but it won't be very fluid and likely not sound as your English do =P

(But then again who knows, maybe my English is better than some newly immigrated Irish peoples Swedish?! ;D)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Johan: Were you the one with Google shirt? I am terrible remembering names, I prefer to remember people by their nicknames here

JohanCarstensen wrote:
Witold: It was nice to meet you at DL.

Br Johan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.