Subject: BSG 294 The Long Way Home rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Maik Weimars
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BSG PBF Game 294 - The Long Way Home

This will be a 6-player Non-Sympathizer Base Game by invite only.

I will start with the reduced ressource set-up meaning:
Fuel: 8
Food: 7
Morale: 9
Population: 10

There will be no Sympathizer Card in the Loyalities Deck.
No further changes from the rules of the gamebook.

First I would like to address that I am modding on a rather medium speed. This will be an all-timezone-game as well. I still require everyone to check in once daily minimum except for holidays. Please let me know upfront if you will need to logoff for longer time. I might need myself, too.

Now onto the rules

Basic rules

1. For the basic rules and tips look at Tips and Tricks for BSG PBF.

2. All players must own copies of the base game and all expansions (this is an FFG requirement). Therefore no text on Crises Cards will be provided only the titles.

3. When you geekmail me please use the start BSG 294 in the subject line.

4. Use the image banners so we know who you are! If you're on a mobile device and don't want to look up your bannerID, please put your character name at the top of your post.

5. Don't communicate with other players outside the thread. Any private communication should be between me and particular players. If you have a question that you don’t want to ask publically, ask me, that's what I'm here for!

6. The "posted and bolded happened" rule will be enforced There will be no take-backs, rollbacks, stepbacks... We will however try to simulate the flow of a F2F game, so simultaneous resolving of things can happen.

7. Subscribe to the thread! And if you don't visit often, turn on the option to forward your GeekMail to your email.

8. Do not quote or link to other posts that happened a page or more ago, but use your own words to describe what you think happened.

9. All COs are strictly confidential in geekmail between you and me. Bolding actions when it's not your go is also forbidden (since they're public COs by another name). In the real game, you are never publicly bound to actions as you are with COs, so they should stay private. This is to protect an unrevealed Cylon’s right to lie, and to decrease the certainty of future events (and hence maintain paranoia).

10. I will assume that each player has the following standing COs. Send me a GM when you'd like to act otherwise.
- Pass on Declare Emergency
- Pass on Strategic Planning for shots against raiders and shots against vipers as well as base star activations.
- Pass on interrupts for Launch Scout unless there are only 2 or less raptors remaining .
- Pass on Once Per Game abilities
- Pass on Evasive Maneuvers for unmanned vipers that aren't protecting a civilian ship.
- If everybody else has responded to an interrupt and you haven't, and you don't have the cards in question, I will pretend you sent me a pass CO. This will not divulge hand information since I will also pass those who sent me a pass CO at the same time.
- If there are multiple conflicting CO interrupts, and the players have not worked out whose to play, I will play the lowest-valued interrupt. If it's still tied, I will play the interrupt for the player whose turn is coming up sooner.

11. Respect secrecy rules!. Some secrecy rules I will enforce harshly:
-- Only 'Low' or 'High' can be said if you put one card into a skill check. 'Medium' only if more that 1 is placed.
-- Talking about scouted cards beyond 'good' or 'bad'
-- Never say the cards you put into a skill check

12. Remember be fair and have fun.

I am a Human and make mistakes or miss things, so please tell me if you think anything is wrong! It probably is.

The fine print. Read if this is your first BSG PBF game. Skim if it isn’t.
Post typography
* Normal text for discussions, etc
* Italics for flavour text/fluff - love reading it, keeps the game fun and interesting.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread.

Images
Avatars change, images don't. Images can be found here. Please use an image or banner for all of your posts (especially in-character).

Players
- Rules & Regulations for the PBF games apply.
- To make things easier on myself, I will refer to all players by your character name and noun.
- For game speed, CO’s are a great way to keep things moving along.
- I will not wait for you to use your OncePerGame unless you say so, and if you’re going to interrupt in favor of the Cylons then please leave a CO beforehand, since I’m not going to check specifically for this every time there’s an attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Weimars
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Invited Players:
Paradigmshift
Titaniumator
Sternenstaub
Dim2a
Mike Bonn
Lolcese

Alternate Players:
t_knotts
Robman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Checking in to say I can and will play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite, Maik. I am in!

I am also ok with moving at medium speed... We need to save fuel, people!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimdim R
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the invite.
Since you mentioned the game isn't starting for a few days, I will take a bit more time to decide if I'm in if that's OK -- I will join if both Sternenstaub and t_knotts are in (I've played with them on cadet cruise), but if not I might wait for a 5-player game. Will give my final answer in a day or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Die cylons / humans, die (Choose one option)

I'm in !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie W
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dim2a wrote:
Thanks for the invite.
Since you mentioned the game isn't starting for a few days, I will take a bit more time to decide if I'm in if that's OK -- I will join if both Sternenstaub and t_knotts are in (I've played with them on cadet cruise), but if not I might wait for a 5-player game. Will give my final answer in a day or two.

Thank you for the invite.
But I am going to pass on this one. It is far off of being the rematch Dim2a and I discussed before and I prefer a true Sympathizer game or a 5 player. I am going to catch a later one.
Have a safe trip, humans. My heart will be on your side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Weimars
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Update:
Invited Players:
Paradigmshift - IN
Titaniumator
Sternenstaub - DECLINED
Dim2a - exists
Mike Bonn - IN
Lolcese - IN

Alternate Players:
t_knotts
Robman - IN (faster reply)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Checkin in! Glad to be playing with a couple familiar faces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
Checkin in! Glad to be playing with a couple familiar faces.

Welcome aboard, Rob! Let´s have a smooth flight cool
Unless you are a cylon! robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Frak them toasters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Sorel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's Do This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimdim R
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I will wait for the next opportunity then -- I also developed slight preference for 5-player games, I think.
This is shaping up to be a near rematch of BSG-256, which I lurked while it was happening.

Good luck, get to Kobol safely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This will be my third game with Titaniumator - I still can't forgive him for injuring a fellow cylon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Weimars
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

All answers are in:
Invited Players:
Paradigmshift - IN
Titaniumator - IN
Sternenstaub - DECLINED
Dim2a - DECLINED
Mike Bonn - IN
Lolcese - IN

Alternate Players:
t_knotts - IN
Robman - IN

Turn order will be:
Robman
t_knotts
lolcese
Titaniumator
Paradigmshift
Mike Bonn

Welcome, Luis again. If I remember correctly, I had you in one of my crews before. All the rest welcome to your first game with me. Let's frak the toasters/ humans (delete as appropriate).

I will remove all your names from the waiting list.

Robman, you are up to pick a character.
All others may send in COs.

Please send me COs for your starting draw if you want. I generally don't want to reveal before loyality cards have been dealt out and everyone is free to decide afterwards.

And most of all: Have fun, I will do my best to make this possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frak, I am last!
I will wait for the first crew members to be chosen before I send a CO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Weimars
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Some more things that I will generally do:
I will generally pass for all players who don't hold the necessary cards for an interrupt. I will do that at the end of an interrupt phase to keep best possible secrecy about your hands. Anyone is free to pass in the token, of course.

I will generally give a hand update when you draw cards (not only your turn, but also as result of an XO, crisis or whatever). I will not give a hand update each turn for everyone as it takes me a lot of time. I kindly ask you to keep record about your cards. Certainly, everyone is free to ask for a hand update at any time.

I will generally post board updates as they are at the beginning of a player's turn immediately after his (her) card draw.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for suggestions, wishes, whatever. Not all may be fulfilled, though.

And Mike, sorry, someone is always last, I fear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Maik, I was part of your crew in BSG - 165, Alpha Centauri. I hope that this one ends in a different way.

First nukes are raining over Caprica...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm giving up my seat. A civilian should take my place. Look at those clouds and tell me this isn't the end of everything. Whatever future is left is going to depend on whoever survives. Give me one reason why I'm a better choice than one of the greatest minds of our time. You can do this without me... I know you can. I think you better go...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Knotts
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?
badge
¡Viva la Revolución!
mbmbmbmbmb

I want to set this fleet on a path to freedom. I want to deliver unto them the liberty we've promised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, I'm awesome. Yes, I'm Apollo. And yes, I will kick some cylon asses.

Admiral «Insert Admiral name here», Launch in Sector 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Sorel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Why the FRAK are you waking me up now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Weimars
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Summary:
Robman: Lt. Helo Agathon
t_knotts: Tom Zarek
lolcese: Cptn. Apollo
Titaniumator: Admiral Saul Tigh

Paradigmshift, you are about to choose next, a pilot, a politician or the Chief are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CO sent for character selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Oh uh, Mr. - erm, Colonel! Colonel Tigh, was sent here to introduce myself. Gaius Baltar, sir, um, here by a pure stroke of luck, in fact -

Quite the convenient stroke of luck, wasn't it Gaius?

What!? Oh no, not you, sir Colonel sir. I uh... must be the stress from the flight. I think I need some rest. I'll be in my quarters for now. Thank you, I'm just uh -

Really glad to be here, Gaius?

... really glad to be here indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.