Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
212 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: At least 7 dead in Sikh temple shooting. The mass murder train just keeps on rollin'. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stories:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-milwau...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/05/wisconsin-shooting-...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/05/us-usa-wisconsin-s...

Well, all I can say is that if fewer people had guns and/or more people had guns, this would've played out differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be that Wisconsin has prety relaxed gun laws, so if they did not have guns it's logical to conclude they did not want them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of idiot ****s with Sikhs? They will **** you up.

Oh, Sikhs in America. Probably just some dumbass who sees a turban and thinks "ah gotta kill that a-rab".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
What kind of idiot ****s with Sikhs? They will **** you up.

Oh, Sikhs in America. Probably just some dumbass who see turban and thinks "ah gotta kill that a-rab".

At this time that is what I am thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And too make matters worse:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/05/westboro-responds-t...

What the hell is wrong with these people? They can't even give people time to mourn before spewing hate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirenx wrote:
And too make matters worse:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/05/westboro-responds-t...

What the hell is wrong with these people? They can't even give people time to mourn before spewing hate.

They really are wankers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
This happened about 10 miles from my house. I'm a bit baffled as to what would motivate someone to go after Sikhs. They're harmless.

Yes but then nutters' motives sometimes only make sense in their own twisted minds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
This happened about 10 miles from my house. I'm a bit baffled as to what would motivate someone to go after Sikhs. They're harmless.

Well, a certain subset of the voices on the TV and radio have made a point of using fear and anger as tools to keep the herd in line. It works wonderfully most of the time, but it leads to things like this. As long as the fear mongers get funding to their filth they will continue to spew it, and the scapegoats, or anyone unlucky enough to be mistaken for them, will continue to be victimized when someone snaps.

REMEMBER OBAMA'S MIDDLE NAME IS HUSSEIN, HUSSEIN PEOPLE, that's a MUSLIM NAME! do you want a HUSSEIN FOR PRESIDENT? < /glennbeck> (hyperbole on my part but not undeserved)

also relevent:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the posts I've seen you make here, I'll consider it a high honor

Edit:I just remembered you are also the one who claimed that Harry Reid was a pederast with zero evidence outside of credible sources. Can we split the award?

bjlillo wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Well, a certain subset of the voices on the TV and radio have made a point of using fear and anger as tools to keep the herd in line. It works wonderfully most of the time, but it leads to things like this. As long as the fear mongers get funding to their filth they will continue to spew it, and the scapegoats, or anyone unlucky enough to be mistaken for them, will continue to be victimized when someone snaps.

REMEMBER OBAMA'S MIDDLE NAME IS HUSSEIN, HUSSEIN PEOPLE, that's a MUSLIM NAME! do you want a HUSSEIN FOR PRESIDENT? < /glennbeck> (hyperbole on my part but not undeserved)

also relevent:

Congratulations. I award you the slatersteven "Wrongest Post in RSP" Award for today. This award is for your amazing ability to blame a mass-shooting event on conservatives with absolutely no evidence.

Previous award winners for this particular error include ABC News for trying to blame the Aurora, CO shooting on a 50ish year old Tea Party member with the same name as the 20 something shooter and damn near every mainstream media outlet suggesting that crazy dipshit that shot Congresswoman Giffords was inspired by Sarah Palin.

Enjoy it. You earned it with this Herculean effort of wrongness.

Edit: Wow. Bonus points for earning a thumb from slatersteven himself, the person with quite possibly the least thoughtful posts on gun issues that I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with on the internet. Truly you do deserve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Considering the posts I've seen you make here, I'll consider it a high honor :)

Edit:I just remembered you are also the one who claimed that Harry Reid was a pederast with zero evidence outside of credible sources. Can we split the award? :)

bjlillo wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

also relevent:

Congratulations. I award you the slatersteven "Wrongest Post in RSP" Award for today. This award is for your amazing ability to blame a mass-shooting event on conservatives with absolutely no evidence.

Previous award winners for this particular error include ABC News for trying to blame the Aurora, CO shooting on a 50ish year old Tea Party member with the same name as the 20 something shooter and damn near every mainstream media outlet suggesting that crazy dipshit that shot Congresswoman Giffords was inspired by Sarah Palin.

Enjoy it. You earned it with this Herculean effort of wrongness.

Edit: Wow. Bonus points for earning a thumb from slatersteven himself, the person with quite possibly the least thoughtful posts on gun issues that I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with on the internet. Truly you do deserve it.

I feel left out...hold on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so alleging the raping small boys was your idea of a joke. My bad, sorry for mixing that up.

bjlillo wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
Considering the posts I've seen you make here, I'll consider it a high honor

Edit:I just remembered you are also the one who claimed that Harry Reid was a pederast with zero evidence outside of credible sources. Can we split the award?

I'm sorry, were you joking when you were suggesting that these conservatives were responsible for inspiring this mass-murder event that we know next to nothing about? I'll let you in on a little secret wrt the Harry Reid is a pederast thing.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Harry Reid made up some shit about Mitt Romney on the floor of the Senate about him not paying taxes based on some information from an anonymous source and then demanding that Romney prove his innocence. Conservative bloggers returned the favor by pointing out that Harry Reid is a pederast and has been for thirty years or more based on their information from credible sources that would rather remain anonymous. They then demanded, like Reid, that Reid prove his lack of pederasty. Reid issued a non-denial through is mouthpiece and has not denied it.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, the suggestion that Reid is a pederast is most likely a joke. Clearly we'll never know for sure until Reid issues a denial with evidence of his non-pederasty. Sadly the claims about taxes and who doesn't pay them by Reid with as much evidence as the claim of his raping young boys does not appear to be a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good to see that both of you care far more about being right on the internet than talking about another mass murder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, my post wasn't leftist. I believe the fear mongering is a class-distinction, championed more overtly by one group than another, but still more universal than most who looked hard would be comfortable with.

I don't cop to a specific overarching conspiracy theory so much as people latching onto what works in the pursuit and maintenance of power and wealth.

Fear sells, even more than sex. It's also a known fact that fear+frustration make for a very muddled mess. So, take fear mongering and couple it with an aura of overall frustration and anguish over the long term state of things, the hopelessness felt by the middle class that is falling into the lower class and the lower class that is being left to rot on the vine, and sooner or later you will have outbreaks of violence. If the violence is ever coordinated and directed, you get revolution. History. It's happened.

Edit:@CapAp. Not to sound heartless, but.. what can be said about it really? It happened. We know very little specifically about what happened. We can(and I have) make some inferences. I got jumped on for it ^^ I'm not sure what you want? A candlelight vigil doesn't work well in an internet forum, melts the DSL cables. Are you organizing a charity for the families of the victims? If so, send me some information. Otherwise. My read on this is:It sucks, it's symptomatic' Do you have something else to add?

bjlillo wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
Ah, so alleging the raping small boys was your idea of a joke. My bad, sorry for mixing that up.

No problem. Sorry I thought your post blaming conservatives for a mass murder, despite there being less evidence of it than Harry Reid's pederasty at this moment, for a serious post. I'm not very adept at recognizing leftist humor when it looks just like their serious arguments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
It's good to see that both of you care far more about being right on the internet than talking about another mass murder.

Good call Cappy. I missed that completely... not being a dumbfuck myself and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
My read on this is:It sucks, it's symptomatic' Do you have something else to add?

Nope. And since neither you nor BJ do either, let's all shut the fuck up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know if they were screening Dark Knight Rises at the temple?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
What's most pathetic/disappointing is that Sikhs took it on the chin in the USA during the aftermath of 9/11 by people who were just looking for a fight with anyone who looked remotely Arab. And the news outlets ran the same stories then that I'm sure we'll hear all over again this week: "Are people that hateful & ignorant that targeting anyone with a turban is considered by them to be a just & proper act of vengeance?"

And that was over a decade ago. I mean, I know we as human beings learn nothing from history, but now an entire decade apparently isn't enough time to get some people past stupid, misinformed, petty prejudices. The hatred is buried that deeply in some people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
bjlillo wrote:
CapAp wrote:
Just so you know you both look like dumbfucks.

I defer to the Guru of RSP Dumbfuckery.

Yowzers, is this RSP legal? I just can't keep track of where the lines are set anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
CapAp wrote:

Yowzers, is this RSP legal? I just can't keep track of where the lines are set anymore.

You've quoted two people who were, prior to moderation policy changes, supposed to be permabanned so I wouldn't be looking to them for guidelines of acceptability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
CapAp wrote:

I would say acceptable = no, apparently within the bounds of our extremely loose RSP specific conduct standards = yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Ilthuain wrote:
Well, all I can say is that if fewer people had guns and/or more people had guns, this would've played out differently.

All I can say is that if more Sikh's had holy articles of faith to be used to prevent violence from being done to a defenseless person when all other means to do so have failed, this would've played out differently.

Or maybe not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't look at it as a big deal. You gotta actually respect someone for name-calling to hurt in the first place.

rylfrazier wrote:
garygarison wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
CapAp wrote:

I would say acceptable = no, apparently within the bounds of our extremely loose RSP specific conduct standards = yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
CapAp is clearly being humorous and sarcastic all at the same time. Oh sure, the comment was dripping with venom, rage and probably the foam off that Keystone Light party ball he snorkled through tonight, but overall it made me laugh. Not as much as Josh made me laugh with his thoroughly tasteless joke about what movie they were screening at the Sikh temple.

RSP is much, much, much more friendly overall without the constant irritating intrusions by the so-called moderators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Shortly after 9/11, someone threw a brick through the living room window of an Indian man apparently not being able to differ between arabs and other dark skinned folks. Given the venomous attitude often expressed towards muslims and mosques in the US, it seems likely some other idiot made the same error.

Course picking up a gun and wasting strangers makes you an idiot no matter what group you "think" you're targeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
What's most pathetic/disappointing is that Sikhs took it on the chin in the USA during the aftermath of 9/11 by people who were just looking for a fight with anyone who looked remotely Arab. And the news outlets ran the same stories then that I'm sure we'll hear all over again this week: "Are people that hateful & ignorant that targeting anyone with a turban is considered by them to be a just & proper act of vengeance?"

And that was over a decade ago. I mean, I know we as human beings learn nothing from history, but now an entire decade apparently isn't enough time to get some people past stupid, misinformed, petty prejudices. The hatred is buried that deeply in some people.

I think that is what the point about right wing rhetoric is. In this country there was a campaign against paedophiles, inevitable paediatricians got caught up in it. When you shout about something the fuckwits may misunderstand the message. Those who are listened to have a duty to make sure that their message is clear to understand, and just making jokes about rag heads will mean that any one who wears a turban is included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.