Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I haven't actually played the game yet (I'm waiting for the right group) but I have read the rules and listened to the How to Play Podcast. And I have a few questions:

Let's say I have an activity card and it has a picture of three yellow dice. Do you have to use three? or can it just be one or two?
IE, the Merchant.

When an event appears and people choose not to fight it, does it just remain until the next turn, and does the negative effect appear again?

I'm also very confused about the ones that show three dice again and a number divided by it. Does it have to actually be three dice of the same color?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
WittyreaderLI wrote:
Hey all,

I haven't actually played the game yet (I'm waiting for the right group) but I have read the rules and listened to the How to Play Podcast. And I have a few questions:

Let's say I have an activity card and it has a picture of three yellow dice. Do you have to use three? or can it just be one or two?
IE, the Merchant.

If you notice, all the cards have three dice. It just represents "your dice" that you are using for this particular action. It can be from 1 to 3. So yes, you can use just 1 or 2 to activate it instead of all 3.

Quote:
When an event appears and people choose not to fight it, does it just remain until the next turn, and does the negative effect appear again?

An event lasts until it is defeated. And it may take several turns to defeat the event. Each time you fight it, you put a cube on it to show you participated. Once all the flags are covered, then the event is defeated.

As long as the event stays on the board, it will contribute its effect at the beginning of each turn.

Quote:
I'm also very confused about the ones that show three dice again and a number divided by it. Does it have to actually be three dice of the same color?

The color must match. Again, the "three dice" just represent the dice used. The big number is what you divide the total number of pips by to calculate the number of actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 to 3 dice for both Events and Activity Cards. This forms your group of dice for this action. Take the total number of pips on that group of dice, divide by the number shown below the image of the dice, and the result is the number of times you can perform the activity of the card. Same thing for events, but the result is the number of cubes you get to place on the event, getting an Influence for each flag you put a cube on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
The color must match.

Be careful in distinguishing between Red dice and Pink dice displayed on the activity cards. My friend and I can hardly tell the difference, but our wives are always very eager to point out when we have got the colors switched.

Pink dice indicates any color can be used to make the combination.
Red dice on the activity card indicate that only the Red (i.e. military) dice can be used to complete the action.

That has bit me in the rear end once or twice before. Color-blind folks, beware!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
looleypalooley wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
The color must match.

Be careful in distinguishing between Red dice and Pink dice displayed on the activity cards. My friend and I can hardly tell the difference, but our wives are always very eager to point out when we have got the colors switched.

Pink dice indicates any color can be used to make the combination.
Red dice on the activity card indicate that only the Red (i.e. military) dice can be used to complete the action.

That has bit me in the rear end once or twice before. Color-blind folks, beware!

Yeah, I would have preferred they went with a Gray or some neutral color instead of Pink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.