Popular Tags: [View All]
chris wanker
Australia
flag msg tools
Hello again
i am back wit han update on my current game design progression
i went though a lot of comments in my last post and i must say thankyou
you guys have been very helpful

so whats new? well i have been making spread sheets of stats for most of the cards including armor, items, spells, skills and monsters, and their seems to be a good balance between easy and bloody difficult.

the main idea of the game hasnt changed too much, you still move your party of adventures around a mythical world where you encounter treasure cards which the overlord will defend by playing tasks and monsters for you to confront.

i beleive one comment caught my attention about how the players will be having more fun and excitement then the overlord, but recently i have been thinking of a idea that will fix that.

there will be four fantatic provinces in which the players must defeat four 'titans'. i wont say to much just yet, dont wanna spoil it robot

i am currently working on the map tiles. 4 sets will be corresponding to the four provinces, overworl tiles and the town square.

i will update again soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure if its allowed on BGG (I assume it is) can you link to other forum posts about this. On the surface it sounds a bit like Runebound which I quite like BUT it might be entirely different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris wanker
Australia
flag msg tools
i would say its more like games such as descent and dungeon quest in the sense that you (the overlord) build as the adventures go.

working on this game has consumed a lot of my time. its all nearly ready to play test on simple paper cut outs.

i will give a rundown of the game.

im thinking of calling it Valiant. each player chooses from four races and someone becomes the overlord.

the players must explore the overworld, gain treasure, spells and skills to increase their level all while the overlord builds the dungeons and land.

there are four provinces each with its own ruler who you will face. one dungeon you will be sailing through hell rivers on a ferry and the next running from a rolling boulder on a dragon mountain.

this game still obviously has a lot of work still, mainly actual play throughs etc. its just hard while im also managing work and tafe.

i love board games and this has been a lot of fun so far, i hope people will like it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.