Subject: Pieces Stuck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got my copy recently and am very excited. One issue I had was white having two N's and no V's, but that's easily fixed for gameplay. But I have another issue, one of the movement pieces is stuck in one of my red spies. Has anybody else had this problem? How have you gotten it out? I know many of them were difficult to get out, but there is one that is actually stuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
So I got my copy recently and am very excited. One issue I had was white having two N's and no V's, but that's easily fixed for gameplay. But I have another issue, one of the movement pieces is stuck in one of my red spies. Has anybody else had this problem? How have you gotten it out? I know many of them were difficult to get out, but there is one that is actually stuck.

This has happened to me many times. Each time, I've been able to get it out with no damage to the pieces.

My solution is:
- Take the offending piece in your hand.
- Position your fingers around the outer frame and grip it firmly.
- Take care not to let your fingers extend past the edge.
- Raise your hand above your head.
- Slam it down with moderate force on the table top, say a 6 on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 wouldn't kill a mosquito and 10 would destroy your table.
- Repeat as necessary, and oh, YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
If smacking it on the table doesn't work, try sticking a pin or the end of a paperclip into one of the corners and use that to work the piece out.

You do run the risk of scratching them slightly, but it's in places you'll never see while playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The process described above is essentially what I do, and it works ever time for me. I'll restate it in the manner that I do it:

1. Hold the piece between your index finger and thumb. Orient it so that the movement piece is pointing down (and so that you are not touching that side, of course).
2. Rap the piece on the side of a table, fairly hard, several times quickly.
3. Rotate the piece 90 degrees.
4. Repeat #2 and #3. The movement piece will loosen and fall out.

You can place just a little talcum powder inside the Spy piece and on the movement piece. It is usually humidity that causes any 'stickiness'.

Also, if you received two of the same piece in your game, you can simply email Stronghold Games and we'll happily get you a replacement, of course.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try the "rap the piece against a table" method again. Thanks for the answers all. I'm still a bit skeptical about it working without damaging my table, but I have to give it a shot before I judge. And since the piece came already inside and has never come out, that's why I'm skeptical.

I tried the method of wedging something inside to pry it out, but that doesn't work. For this specific piece, there isn't enough room to wedge something in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Perry
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Right now you are wiser than you've ever been... and younger than you'll ever be!
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
The process described above is essentially what I do, and it works ever time for me. I'll restate it in the manner that I do it:

1. Hold the piece between your index finger and thumb. Orient it so that the movement piece is pointing down (and so that you are not touching that side, of course).

You can place just a little talcum powder inside the Spy piece and on the movement piece. It is usually humidity that causes any 'stickiness'.

Also, if you received two of the same piece in your game, you can simply email Stronghold Games and we'll happily get you a replacement, of course.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

I would not expect the "evil one" to have such good customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Diabolo wrote:
evilone wrote:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

I would not expect the "evil one" to have such good customer service!

That's how they draw you in. With great perks and excellent service. I can feel myself slipping to the dark side already...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it out! Thanks for the smacking advice, guys!

Now the piece is also loose enough it slides in and out very easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
Got it out! Thanks for the smacking advice, guys!

Now the piece is also loose enough it slides in and out very easily.

Huh... I feel like there's a dirty joke in here somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
Yeah. I got the same piece stuck a second time.
It is one of my L pieces.

First time it got smacked out.
I'm pretty sure I put a chip in it this second time with it still wedged in there. I'll have to keep an eye on it in the future,
and I think I'll get some sort of talcum powder. Is this the same as baby powder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.