Subject: Deep down...some republicans are really just tree-hugging hippies. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
There is no Dana, only Zuul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend, my husband and I went camping. It was a time of connecting with nature, and apparently of reflection and life-changing moments because one minute my husband was oozing Republican-ness, and when he thinks I'm turned away, this happens:

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he was trying to push it down so they could start drilling for oil there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
" My taxes paid for this tree... (grunt, groan) I'm takin' it home!!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cut me. You cut me real deep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:

Hey, guys, you're not supposed to thumb or tip Chapel! Remember, he doesn't even want to be around here in RSP.

Newb says what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
Maybe he was trying to push it down so they could start drilling for oil there?

Hey, guys, you're not supposed to thumb or tip Chapel! Remember, he doesn't even want to be around here in RSP.

Damn it! I thumbed him twice... what is wrong with me?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
Newb says what?

Hey, it's for your own good. You said you hate this place. But they're only encouraging you to stay and contribute more!

Please. I've hated this place before most RSP contributors have been members on BGG. Don't think people's thumbs encourage me to do anything. I've stopped tracking thumbs years ago. This ain't feel the love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Please. I've hated this place before most RSP contributors have been members on BGG.

Wow, you might be more hipster than Gary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Please. I've hated this place before most RSP contributors have been members on BGG.

He's right you know. I've been away for years and my first thought when I got back was ... My God! Chapel is still alive!?

Heh, this boast reminds me of an old D&D joke ... Man when I first started playing Dungeons and Dragons the Caves of Chaos were just a bunch of neutral caves with chaotic tendencies.

As for this cute thread, I've noticed just the opposite; When it comes to spending money from their own pockets, deep down some Liberals turn into Republicans in three piece business suits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Gialmere wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

He's right you know. I've been away for years and my first thought when I got back was ... My God! Chapel is still alive!?

Heh, this boast reminds me of an old D&D joke ... Man when I first started playing Dungeons and Dragons the Caves of Chaos were just a bunch of neutral caves with chaotic tendencies.

As for this cute thread, I've noticed just the opposite; When it comes to spending money from their own pockets, deep down some Liberals turn into Republicans in three piece business suits.

And I missed you. Well, to be honest, I didn't actually know I missed you until you came back. It's not as if you aren't important to me because your wit your charisma and, above all else, you avatar are memorable. But I only think about them when you've come back from an extended absence.

I think the best way to characterize RSP in specific and BGG in general (as a social group) is that in order to be disdainful of the lesser souls here you have to actually get down in the mud with them so you can tell them they are of little importance to you.

So. Did you miss us while you were gone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I was there when RSP was created, albeit not with this account. You didn't hate it back then: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/206866/1st
Don't tease Curt. Who were you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venga2 wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I was there when RSP was created, albeit not with this account. You didn't hate it back then: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/206866/1st

You don't recognize Simon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Yeah, well I created RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

That is true Karp. But you fail to mention that you created it specifically for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
dakarp wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Next up, Aldie. And then...AL GORE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:

"And he saw that it was good."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Venga2 wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

You don't recognize Simon?
Apparently not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xilan wrote:
This weekend, my husband and I went camping. It was a time of connecting with nature, and apparently of reflection and life-changing moments because one minute my husband was oozing Republican-ness, and when he thinks I'm turned away, this happens:

shake

For the record, I was measuring for our new dining room table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
So. Did you miss us while you were gone?

Heh, heh. Yeah, in a love/hate sort of way. Sadly my game group broke up awhile back so I'm stuck here in this Godforsaken hellhole corner of BGG until I once again have something intelligent to say about pushing pieces of plastic and cardboard around a tabletop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.