Subject: Gen Con 2012 Noob: Maps? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first trip to Gen Con. A couple friends from my local gaming group and I are driving up there early Wednesday morning.

I am used to DragonCon (8th time going this year) and after the first year I knew where all the hotels were, etc. I also had friends there who had been many times before.

Anyway, I was wondering what maps I should have with me? I know Gen Con has the Exhibit Hall map but is there a general map we should have with us to know where each hotel that has events are, etc?

For instance, where is ICC : Hall F : Fantasy Flight : HQ? ICC is Indiana Convention Center. I see Hall F on a map of the first level of the convention center. But, is that Hall F the same as FFGs booths in the exhibit hall?

With just a little over 1 week to go, I realize I am not as prepared as I thought I was.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, the book for the convention has all the maps of the convention center and associated hotels. I just ripped out the pages and kept them handy for reference. I think there is app that had those available as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RandomOne wrote:
IIRC, the book for the convention has all the maps of the convention center and associated hotels. I just ripped out the pages and kept them handy for reference. I think there is app that had those available as well.

Yep, Ed's right on. I think the free book they give out is the most user friendly, but the mobile app has the maps too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, cool. Thanks. Guess they give the book out when you enter or whatever?

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find them around the convention center usually by the walls in special display racks for easy grabs. The books contain all the listed games as well making the books pretty thick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Apps they have for GenCon on their front page also have nice handy maps. Problem is, the rest of the App is garbage.

But yes, when you pick up your badge they give you a swag bag. Inside of the bag there should be a book with the maps inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Breeden
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the books are not in the swag bag but at magazine stands scattered around the 1st floor... near the dealers hall entrances and registration areas. And the bags are not given to you with you badges but at a separate lines next to the will call and badge registration lines. You also need to have you bade out so it can be hole punched when you get your bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RBree wrote:
Actually the books are not in the swag bag but at magazine stands scattered around the 1st floor... near the dealers hall entrances and registration areas. And the bags are not given to you with you badges but at a separate lines next to the will call and badge registration lines. You also need to have you bade out so it can be hole punched when you get your bag.

That's right, I totally forgot about that. It's been a couple of years and I don't always pick up those books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Breeden
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or... you can just upload the program guide here. http://t.co/2qePGtl8 They just posted it a few minutes ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.