Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wbc [+] [View All]
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Peter Gurneau on his victory in the 2012 WBC Combat Commander Tournament. Peter bested Bob Jamelli in the final to finish the tournament with a perfect 6-0 record.

Overall the tournament had 43 players particpate with 64 total games played. It was an outstanding day of Combat Commandering as most games were tight with many coming right down to the wire with Secret Objectives determining the winner. It was a pleasure to GM this event and I look forward to doing so again next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, again, Bryan, for running a great tournament. My son and I both had a fantastic time.

My only constructive comment would be regarding the tournament format. With the number of participants, the fourth round is pretty much moot. The 3-0's will either be 4-0 or 3-1 with a strong opponents record tie-breaker score. Have you ever considered moving to three preliminary rounds with an eight player SE portion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always have a conflict on Wednesday. I just wonder if there's some way to create more flexibility in the scheduling. I guess whatever you choose won't work for some people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2012 Combat Commander Tournament
Nick, I'm somewhat disastisfied with the tournament format as well. I like the Swiss Elim format but am troubled with the tie breaking criteria. I plan on deconstructing this and last year's tournament to see if I can determine a better advancement procedure. Whether the pre-lim rounds are 3 or 4 I'm still left with an issue of how to break ties to fill out the SE bracket after all the undefeated players advance. It is something I've pondered all week since the tournament. I have an idea in the hopper but as of yet unwilling to put it out publically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to Peter on the big win!

And thanks very much Bryan for running the tournament!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the tie breaker is the source of the problem. Glad you have ideas to fix things.

Here's a panoramic photo of the action just as round 2 was about to begin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan,

Are the Scenarios available for download yet? I'll link them in the master CC list. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.