Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John O'Brien
United Kingdom
Reading
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just got a copy of this (not yet opened) but have recently been doing some reading about it, and it seems like the cards are extremely similar to an old deck of CoC CCG cards that I (really coincidentally!) happened to find while I was packing to move house the other day.

Is the LCG basically a repackaging and redistributing of the CCG? If so, are these old CCG cards I have compatible? (Any caveats?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game system is the same. One notable difference is that the card backs have changed (from black bordered to white bordered), so if you plan to mix the cards, you will need to either not care about this or disguise it somehow (sleeves?). I cannot speak to the power level of the cards - it is possible that this has changed and the newer cards are significantly stronger or weaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The old black-border CCG era cards are no longer legal, but some people do use them playing for fun. The game system works the same to mechanically they will work just fine. It's best in such cases if everyone has access to them so one person doesn't get all the benefits.

A few old cards have been reprinted in the LCG era as identical cards, these actually can be used legally but you need to sleeve them or else people can tell when you draw them since the backs are different.

There are some really powerful black border cards out there, and some that are merely ordinary. That's true in most CCGs I think. The LCG cards have a flatter power distribution - it's more desirable to have balanced cards rather than making some stronger ones for people to chase after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.