Popular Tags: [View All]
tim meyer
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to paint my descent figures and have a new can of White Rust-Oleum Painter's Primer (says it also bonds to plastic). Will this work fine as a plastic primer or would you recommend the more specific Rust-Oleum Plastic Primer? Basically, what's the difference between the two?

I have always painted on primer (for the few figures i have painted) so spray priming is new to me.

(P.S. - I also posted this in the descent forums, is there a way that i could have posted this only once but have it show up in both forums?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have a answer to your question, but I'll give an fyi. I have always used krylon primer from wal mart with good results. This weekend I bought a can of white primer from Lowes, and it came out GLOSS. I am pretty sure it was Rustoleum. It was impossible to paint on. I had to strip the minis and start again. So just test it out on a bit of scrap first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used Krylong Fusion for Plastics primer and it works great on plastic figures. The problem with primers that are not specifically formulated to stick well on plastic is it may chip off. Plastic just isn't porous enough on its own for regular primers from what I have seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Paquet
United States
South burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
make sure you clean the minis throughly before you prime them. i like to use cheap latex gloves for handling the minis after i've washed them. The oils in your fingers will acts as repellent to any primer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.