Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Doom: The Boardgame Expansion Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deathmatch item pool rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quick question. Do the weapons physically on the deathmatch map count as part of the item pool, or can you not pick them up if there are no more tokens of that particular weapon in the item pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esa Junttila
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Only those equipment tokens that are not on the map are available.
Rules wrote:
When picking up equipment tokens, marines do not
remove the tokens from the board. Instead, they look at the
item pool and take a token of the appropriate type from the
pool if one is available. No marine may have more than
one of a given equipment token at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks! You know I read through the deathmatch instructions a few times, and I guess I just missed that. Its plain as day. Thanks for the help. Me no smart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas W
Sweden
Årsta
flag msg tools
I still don't get the idea with the weapon pool, will weapons deplete completely if all players throw enough of bad dice showing the bullet icon? So everyone ends up running around with the gun in the end, cause it is infinite? Is that it?

Or does used weapons go back to the pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esa Junttila
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
The rules are not exactly clear on this. I have always used the "back to the item pool" interpretation, regardless of whether a marine was fragged or threw a bullet icon. At least in shooter video games the weapons tend to reappear, supporting the view. Also, I'd say it gives a better player experience, which is what counts in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.