Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I have the rules but am currently waiting for my first Strat Baseball game to arrive. I have a good understanding of how the game works but I cannot seem to get a handle on exactly how to handle Singles.

I have a man on first and batter rolls a Single*. Do I move 1st base to 2nd to advance the batter and then take an extra base for the "*" putting him on 3rd, or is his advance to 2nd from the batter count as his extra base?

A Single** doesn't score a man on first, right? It just puts him on 3rd?

My current understanding is that if there are *s, I advance the runners first and then advance the batter, but if there are none I advance the batter first (possible forcing runners ahead) and then make my attempt for extra bases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite simply, on a single runners always advance one base. If there is an *, then the runner ONLY advances one base and if there is two (**) the runner ONLY advances two bases. So for your examples, man on first, Single* is rolled, you would have runners on 1st and 2nd. A Single** would give you runners on 1st and 3rd. It's only when no asterisk is present can you try for the extra base. Then you use the lead runners running rating on the top of the card and roll the 20 sider. If the result is in the range on the lead runners card, he is safe and everyone else moves up one base. If it's not in his range, he's out and the trailing runners still advance one base.

Rule 2.0 lays it out pretty well, but don't be shy asking if it's not clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Hey, thanks. So, to clarify: Let's say I have a man on second.

At bat rolls Single* -> 2nd to 3rd
At bat rolls Single** -> 2nd scores
At bat rolls Single -> 2nd to 3rd with the option of scoring

If I have that right I feel ready to play. Just have to wait till Friday. Also, amazing win last night. Go Tigers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DownriverRick wrote:
...when no asterisk is present can you try for the extra base. Then you use the lead runners running rating on the top of the card and roll the 20 sider. If the result is in the range on the lead runners card, he is safe and everyone else moves up one base. If it's not in his range, he's out and the trailing runners still advance one base.

Remember to factor in the outfielder's throwing arm rating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.