Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Switzerland
Luzern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After trying to avoid buying "yet another game series", I finally broke down and bought all of the WAW games in one shot. (it's impossible for me to just get one...) Very glad that I did....having a blast playing through the scenarios solitaire of this terrific game system while on my summer vacation.

One rules questions....can a unit with an "ops complete" marker also defend against an assault? I have had a few situations where an assaulting unit gets opportunity fired on and then continues on to assault the same unit. I'm assuming that the defending unit with the now ops complete marker can still fire back?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done! WaW is a worthy obsession for any wargamer.

The answer to your question is: yes, the defender goes Ops Complete when he Op Fires, and an ops complete unit can fire back in an assault. What it can't do is op fire at subsequent approaching assaulting units.

You will find that Op Fire is a major component in shaping your tactical doctrine (that's one of the many things I like about this game ... you have to actually develop an approach to tactics, not just shovel forward your units).

Since adjacent Op fire can have range advantages and such, depriving the assault defender of the Op Fire and making them go Op Complete is an important assault tactic.

You assault in waves ... first wave seeks to draw the op fire, second wave looks to Disrupt the defender. Third wave now advances with no Op Fire to worry about and fights a defender that only hits on 6. This is a bit "perfect world" but well worth trying to set up.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer is units always defend in Assault, even if Ops Complete or Out of Command, or Disrupted. The unit's current stat (Disrupted) affects how it fights, but it always fights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Switzerland
Luzern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Stratosaur wrote:
Thanks guys!

bravo. LOTS of new players in last few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.