Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my game to find my yellow and green bamboo filthy with dirt or mold. Anyone else experience this and find a remedy? I will try to contact Matagot. Bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
I just opened my game to find my yellow and green bamboo filthy with dirt or mold. Anyone else experience this and find a remedy? I will try to contact Matagot. Bummer.

I have a rented copy from boardgameexchange.com and the yellow pieces are as you described. The cards were unopened so I'm pretty sure that I'm the first to rent the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am pretty sure the panda isn't going to want to eat moldy bamboo. Someone should have a word with that gardener...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
laugh when I came to look at this thread I thought it was going to be some unusual and interesting rules variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rodman
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this thread was going to be about venereal diseases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy yesterday and also experienced the dirty yellow bamboo. Looks like its coating the inside of the plastic bag that contained the bamboo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H W
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same here! Only the Yellow bamboo looks affected.

I contacted Esdevium Games (Asmodee's UK contact). After over a week and counting of no response I contacted Asmodee US, who did reply but told me to contact Matagot, which I have done today.

Here's hoping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wheatley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
heathengray wrote:
Same here! Only the Yellow bamboo looks affected.

I contacted Esdevium Games (Asmodee's UK contact). After over a week and counting of no response I contacted Asmodee US, who did reply but told me to contact Matagot, which I have done today.

Here's hoping...

Did MATAGOT get back to you at all? I received Takenoko today, and the green bamboo was mouldy. I wiped the pieces, but they are left with mould stains. I have sent an email to MATAGOT and am hoping they are going to come back to me soon, as I am looking forward to (finally) playing a game with the little un.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
To Chris: we got your email, we are working on it.

To all of you who are experiencing the "moldy bamboos" problem, please know that we are aware of this. A very small percentage of the latest production run of Takenoko showed this problem. If it happened to you, please contact us (service@matagot.com or contact@matagot.com) and we will send you replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wheatley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
matagot_contact wrote:

To all of you who are experiencing the "moldy bamboos" problem, please know that we are aware of this. A very small percentage of the latest production run of Takenoko showed this problem. If it happened to you, please contact us (service@matagot.com or contact@matagot.com) and we will send you replacements.

Many thanks for looking at this. Having played a couple of games last night (by stacking cubes from other games for green), my wife thinks this may become her favourite game! I will be taking a few pictures of it for a blog, but I will wait for the proper pieces as they give the game such a great look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Almost all my yellow pieces were VERY moldy,
so moldy that I really do not want to play with them.

So I searched and found this thread and
emailed a message to service@matagot.com
asking for replacement yellow bamboo.

Now, I don't like buying a game and not being able to play it,
but it sounded like they were replacing pieces quickly.

matagot_contact wrote:

If it happened to you, please contact us (service@matagot.com or contact@matagot.com) and we will send you replacements.

Well...
just an FYI for anybody in the United States with this problem.
I received this response a few minutes ago.

> Hi,
> I'm sorry but Asmodee US handles our customer service in the US
> I'll transfer your email to the person in charge.
> Due to a increased number in demands,
> he won't have the pieces until 3-4 weeks at least.
> And we don't > have anymore here as well.
> Sorry for the inconvenience
>
> Regards
>
> Yann de Matagot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wheatley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
matagot_contact wrote:

Just a quick follow up as I think that for anyone reading this in the future it would be nice to see the conclusion.

I received an email signed Yann de Matagot on 13th September, saying they were getting in touch with Asmodee who handle Takenoko for them.

The replacement green bamboo pieces arrived this morning in excellent condition, air-mailed from France. They were sent the same day as I received the email.

Excellent customer service, and a big thank you to anyone involved in the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a short update on this issue for US customer. Asmodee will receive from us a set of replacement parts next week. So we actually did better than planned in replacing those.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience, wood is very nice but not as reliable as we would wish.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smith
United States
Paducah
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I contacted Asmodee aprox a week ago about dirty green bamboo. They were pretty quick to email me back and let me know they were shipping out replacement parts. I got them yesterday. Played my first game of Takenoko since GenCon. Great game and great service. Good thing too, because I spent a lot of time playing games at the Asmodee booth at GenCon and there are many more of their games I'll be picking up in the near future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
An update:

On October 2nd I finally received a communication from Asmodee
in which they apologized for the moldy pieces and
said the replacement pieces had been shipped that day.

Those pieces arrived today, October 5th, in excellent condition.

Thank you Asmodee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my game and the yellow bamboo is all stained. I sent a mail to Asmodee's customer service hoping to get replacemtents as the other fellow gamers did. I'll post an update when I received the new pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.