Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: can you search at the end of an encounter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
haqattaqq .
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
just curious if you can search at the end of an encounter - or does it end as soon as you fulfill the victory conditions? For the ones that are races I'm guessing that choosing to search will be a hard decision as it's that or try to fulfill the victory conditions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope! laugh

And don't underestimate Search! Searching all the tokens is about 25gp per player, which is the same (or more than) the gp reward of the quests!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is at least 25gp per player (aside from the one "nothing" card), it actually averages closer to 37gp per search because of the treasure chest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a theif in our group. Being able to search so far away and pass if you don't like what you find can bring it up to $50 per person.

If he is able to reach/search all piles, there's a good chance he will find a free items, which has really helped my character.

Our theif risks life, limb and even the quest to search those piles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Of course it seems like once you get the Iron Axe and the Mana Weave, you are pretty much set for Act I, ymmv.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.