Subject: Wait, is this right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Von Penguin
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just thought of something. The conversion kit has two Heroes, Okluk and Brother Glyr, who have heroic abilities that grant them free movement points without spending actions, as balancing measure they both have insanely low base movement, fair enough. Here's where things get weird though. You can spend fatigue for movement points, they both have higher fatigue than movement, rest instantly refills stamina as I recall (Don't have the rulebook in front of me). So therefore they are better off spending fatigue and then resting instead of taking actual move actions? Am I right? Is this supposed to happen or is it some horrible exploit that I should forget and never mention to the rest of my group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Grand Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vonpenguin wrote:
So I just thought of something. The conversion kit has two Heroes, Okluk and Brother Glyr, who have heroic abilities that grant them free movement points without spending actions, as balancing measure they both have insanely low base movement, fair enough. Here's where things get weird though. You can spend fatigue for movement points, they both have higher fatigue than movement, rest instantly refills stamina as I recall (Don't have the rulebook in front of me). So therefore they are better off spending fatigue and then resting instead of taking actual move actions? Am I right? Is this supposed to happen or is it some horrible exploit that I should forget and never mention to the rest of my group?

*beep beep boop*

*edit* I was mistaken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Von Penguin
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have missed that rule. Shame on me since I'm the rules guy of our group. oh well. live and learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FinalPhalanx wrote:
vonpenguin wrote:

If memory serves, fatigue can only be spent for additional movement at the end of an actual move action.

Um, no. You can spend Fatigue for movement points at any time during your turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
p.8: ADDITIONAl MOVEMENT: A hero may suffer fatigue to receive additional movement points during his turn. For each fatigue suffered, the hero receives one movement point. If the hero already has fatigue equal to his Stamina, he may not suffer any more fatigue to receive additional movement points (see “Fatigue and Stamina” on page 13). A hero player is not required to perform a move action in order to suffer fatigue to move. During his turn, before or after resolving an action or during a move action, a hero may suffer fatigue to gain movement points.

A typical player strategy is not to use a Move Action for movement. Burn fatigue then take *two* Attack Actions. Rest refills stamina at the end of the player's turn, iirc.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent-second...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and you don't need to have performed a move action to spend fatigue for movement points.

Edit: Sam and Max beat me to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Grand Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad. For some reason that just rung a bell in my head.

Tie me to a post and give me 10 lashes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Phelan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Resting as one of your actions refreshes your fatigue at the end of your turn (ready for your next turn). No standard action immediately refreshes stamina.

Secondly on page 8 of the rulebook it states, under Additional Movement.. "A hero player is not required to perform a move action in order to suffer fatigue to move. During his turn, before or after resolving an action or during a move action a hero may suffer fatigue to gain movement points."

So unless I've missed something spending fatigue to move does not come after movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Harper
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
This is true for every hero that has more fatigue than movement, however, you wont be using your powers that use fatigue that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith

New Hampshire
msg tools
Afterswish wrote:
Resting as one of your actions refreshes your fatigue at the end of your turn (ready for your next turn). No standard action immediately refreshes stamina.

Secondly on page 8 of the rulebook it states, under Additional Movement.. "A hero player is not required to perform a move action in order to suffer fatigue to move. During his turn, before or after resolving an action or during a move action a hero may suffer fatigue to gain movement points."

So unless I've missed something spending fatigue to move does not come after movement.

This

Fatigue only restores at the end of the round. Since they each only have 3 fatigue you are only gaining one movement by using free move, then fatigue moving, then resting to get full fatigue next turn. And that's if you don't save any or use it for abilities. Now if these were like 4 or 5 fatigue heroes this would be much more powerful.

Mind you, currently the only 5 fatigue healer is Aurim. This is probobly intentional as healing is based around your fatigue. Coincidentally Aurim is one of the most unique heroes out there and definitely my favorite healer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.