Subject: Curling board Game Corner How to Fix it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Luker
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
I was out of town and saw a really great deal on Ticket to Ride Germany, so I bought it. I did not have time to open it and fully check out the game until I got home. It was still cellophaned and the box felt like something heavy had been set on it, but no observable wear or tear.

I opened it up and it was just fine except for one corner of the board game. This game unfolds from a six part board into one big board, and there is a raw edge running down the middle of the board. One of the corners of this raw edge is curled up and is separating itself. (Ie. the composite paper is separating into separate pieces, instead of one thick piece of cardboard, like there wasn't enough glue on that particular corner or something, or the corner got shuffled. I hope you get the idea).

I am out of town from the game store, can't return it. (teach me to buy from something other than my local game shop, I know gulp ). How do I repair this brand new game so that I can not only play it, but that it wont deteriorate further.

Ticket Europe gets played at least monthly with our game group but I don't own it, so this one will likely get played frequently in our own home and with others not in our gaming group.

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Item for Geeklist "The Surgery: Board Game Repair Tips"
Clear nail polish can also work as a glue and sealant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy

California
msg tools
blaecblaed wrote:
Item for Geeklist "The Surgery: Board Game Repair Tips"
Clear nail polish can also work as a glue and sealant.

I agree with you ,this idea for your game board is not bad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.