Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikola Pajvancic
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I returned to FoF after several months, and while I was browsing through the rules (ver. 2.1) I found something rather strange.

3.3.2 Initiative segment says: "Give one command to each CO Staff you did not activate in the preceding segment" - I've been always playing it like that - if you don't activate 1st SGT or XO - they get just one command each. But then I flipped over to 4.1.1. Obtaining commands where it says: "If not activated during the Activation Segment, the CO HQ, PLT HQ and CO Staff have an Impulse in the Initiative Segment. Draw an Action Card. The number in the star icon (beneath the helmet icon) is the number of available commands."

What gives? One or the other is not right? Or am I not coping well with this heat wave, and I'm starting to see things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikola wrote:
3.3.2 Initiative segment says: "Give one command to each CO Staff you did not activate in the preceding segment" - I've been always playing it like that - if you don't activate 1st SGT or XO - they get just one command each. But then I flipped over to 4.1.1. Obtaining commands where it says: "If not activated during the Activation Segment, the CO HQ, PLT HQ and CO Staff have an Impulse in the Initiative Segment. Draw an Action Card. The number in the star icon (beneath the helmet icon) is the number of available commands."

You've been playing correctly. 3.3.2 is correct, and 4.1.1 confused the hell out of me too when I came across it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, the 1stSgt and XO each get 1 command in the initiative segment - 4.1.1 is describing how the the PLT HQs get their commands in the same segment. Sorry for any confusion. We can certainly make it clearer in the next edition that will be included with volume II.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.