• [+] Dice rolls
Jonnie Hedqvist
Sweden
Ljusdal
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
28 mm but with more human-like proportions then most other minitures, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, "non-heroic" 28 mm is what I think people call it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frederico lacerda
Brazil
flag msg tools
but scale for vehicles and detailing kits/accessories 1:35, 1:48,1:72..... what scale to use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Jim Thorpe
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would take a figure and go to your local toy or hobby store. I found a pretty good match to the blue pickup by walking around the die cast truck aisle and holding a figure up to it till I found a match. I believe the truck was closer to 1:48 but sometimes in die cast they all do not follow the same scale. If you look for some O scale train vehicles you should be able to get a good selection but I know most people here have had good finds at discount stores with die cast selection

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's ultimately a 'by eye' decision if you can do it that way. The general rule of thumb seems to be that 1:48-1:50 is about right for 28mm, non-heroic (ie normal human) miniatures. So far, all the figure miniatures produced by FFP are 28mm scale.

There are some people on the war gaming forums that prefer 1:56. Others say that is just too small, hence the 'by eye' suggestion. Even if a vehicle is marked at a particular scale it may just look too small/large next to the miniatures you are using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.