Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua C
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found TWO copies of Heroquest today at the thrift store. One has "Heroquest Game System" written on the front of the box, and the other says "Heroquest High Adventure in a World of Magic".

I noticed that the DM screens are different in each and there may be some other small variations as well.

These are the two I found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Peters
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed, you don't hesitate to buy them, unless way too much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malechi
United States
Clearlake
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, you saw HeroQuest at a thrift store and didn't buy it (them)?!?

BTW ... Check the cards in each set. I believe one will have much smaller cards as it is the UK version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua C
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I did buy both of them. I guess I didn't make that clear. If I find any board games at the thrift store other than the typical Walmart crap I buy it. I also found Vegas Showdown, Ticket to Ride Marklin, Oasis, Metro, and a few others today. My single greatest thrift find ever.

By the way, the cards are the same size in both versions I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Which thrift store might this be? Out of pure curiousity of course... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua C
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one right behind my house. Columbus has a lot of local board game stores, so I've had quite a few great board game hauls. I found a new copy of Castle Ravenloft last month for 5 bucks. I've found a few Catan games that I've given to friends. A copy of Pirate's Cove that I sold to a buddy.

My all time haul was a sealed copy of the first edition Rail Baron. Sold it for like 200$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malechi
United States
Clearlake
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clembo2021 wrote:
Sorry, I did buy both of them. I guess I didn't make that clear. If I find any board games at the thrift store other than the typical Walmart crap I buy it

Alright, you may have your nerd membership card back. But, please be more careful next time, that's how riots get started.

clembo2021 wrote:

Interesting. As far as I am aware there was only a single edition created for the US. My theory is that this originated from a home with multiple copies and a UK lid was placed on a US box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Malechi wrote:
clembo2021 wrote:

Interesting. As far as I am aware there was only a single edition created for the US. My theory is that this originated from a home with multiple copies and a UK lid was placed on a US box.

Mal's probably right on that front, that's definitely the UK box cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua C
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense! The back of the box is EXACTLY the same. I think the mystery was solved here. I guess the DM screen was borrowed from the British game too.

Now time to get my use out of this game (and the 2 expansions it came with) and trade it so it can get some loving from another BGGer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.