Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see this system easily being converted into an American West or a World War II themed variant. I am curious what the avid players thoughts are about how to determine building size, layout and/or victory points if it were a a key element/objective in the game where part of the strategy would be that the player doesn't determine the the characteristics of the building. Also has anyone tried random scenerio generation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, check out the X-Com variant posted in the files. He did wide open spaces with terrain.

I love seeing people come up with fun new cogs to plug into the engine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John. I think the suggested variant is exactly what I am lookinf for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeyro :D
msg tools
This may be a little off-topic, but since we are talking about wide open spaces; I was recently thinking about this game while playing Battletech: The Crescent Hawks Inception.

In case you are not familiar with it, the player walks around in wide open spaces and when encounters occur, enemies are placed on the map and the battle becomes turn based. It's not like the RPG's where you are moved to a different map, no, it converts your moves to turns and keeps you on the same map.

My point: It may be possible to do this with Pocket Dungeon. Simply allow the player to move and determine if they encounter anyone at the end of their move. If they do, simply place the enemies on the map, determine a combat area (say an 11x11 square?) which the player must stay in and battle as normal. Determining encounters would not have to be a roll, cards would most likely be more efficient, just include a good number of blanks. (Cards would also allow for more compilcated enemy combinations)

This would allow for more complicated maps that did not have to conform to room based encounters and would not slow down gameplay.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.