Subject: question about wild die rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas B
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered Dark Horse a few days ago. Can't wait to get it and bring it to my game night.

I am going to list a few scenarios. Please tell me which of these would give me a wild die token.

1. I roll a 2 and a 5. I use a wild die to reroll and then roll doubles.
2. I roll doubles, acquire a wild die, immediately use it to reroll and get another set of doubles. (In other words: Can I acquire two tokens on the same turn?)
3. I roll a 1 and a 6. Before placing any die on the board I use a wild die to reroll the 1 and get another 6.
4. I roll a 1, 2, and 6. Before placing any die on the board I use a wild die to reroll the 1 and 2. I then roll two more 6s.
5. I roll a 1, 2, and 6. I place the 6 on the builder spot. When it is my turn again I use a wild die to reroll and get double 6s.
6. Same as #5 except I get double 5s after the reroll (not the same as the previously placed die).

Thanks,

-Norrab
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Norrab wrote:
Just ordered Dark Horse a few days ago. Can't wait to get it and bring it to my game night.

I am going to list a few scenarios. Please tell me which of these would give me a wild die token.

1. I roll a 2 and a 5. I use a wild die to reroll and then roll doubles.
2. I roll doubles, acquire a wild die, immediately use it to reroll and get another set of doubles. (In other words: Can I acquire two tokens on the same turn?)
3. I roll a 1 and a 6. Before placing any die on the board I use a wild die to reroll the 1 and get another 6.
4. I roll a 1, 2, and 6. Before placing any die on the board I use a wild die to reroll the 1 and 2. I then roll two more 6s.
5. I roll a 1, 2, and 6. I place the 6 on the builder spot. When it is my turn again I use a wild die to reroll and get double 6s.
6. Same as #5 except I get double 5s after the reroll (not the same as the previously placed die).

Thanks,
-Norrab

Hi Norrab, I have listed the answers for your questions below and thank you for checking Dark Horse out. I hope you enjoy it!

1. Yes, you would receive a WD token.

2. Yes, you would receive a second WD token, however you could not use another WD token to reroll the dice again. Note: All special tokens and cards are limited to one use per type and per turn. So you can use a WD Token, Engineer token, and an Action card, but never two of the same type in one turn.

(Answer for 3, 4, 5, and 6.)
Per the rule book it states, "If all dice a player rolls show the same number, then a player receives a Wild Die token." This could have been changed slightly to be a bit more clear but the key portion is the first part of the sentence. To obtain a WD token a player needs to roll all of their dice and have them come up doubles/triples. So in all four examples you would not obtain a WD token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.