Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Wandolowski
United States
Fox Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says if you do not have enough credits, spend ALL your credits to remove these loan markers. Does this mean spend whatever credits you have to pay off ALL loan markers or just one at a time for all credits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

All you have for the action: the action being pay off one loan for each ship which has a loan currently on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you stay there multiple turns with no money paying off loans if you have them outstanding? Knowing full well that this is probably theoretical, since you would have to be playing pretty badly to get to that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wandolowski
United States
Fox Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Refering back to my first post. What if you do not have enough credits- that is my question. I am confused by the written rules that state " if you do not have enough credits, spend ALL your credits to remove these loan markers" (pg. 5- Ship Loans).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Can you stay there multiple turns with no money paying off loans if you have them outstanding? Knowing full well that this is probably theoretical, since you would have to be playing pretty badly to get to that point.

In my one play, I considered forgoing pickups entirely my first time around the board to intentionally be too poor to pay back my loans. I'm not sure it's playing pretty badly or if it's playing a deep game.

Considered, but didn't do it. Did not look to pay off sufficiently.

To address the original poster's question: "These loan markers" in the rules clearly refers to the previous sentence regarding one loan per ship. That is, the loans you are required to pay off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
In the off chance you don't have enough money to pay off one loan on each ship with a loan, you pay all your cash, and remove _one_ loan from each ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
In the off chance you don't have enough money to pay off one loan on each ship with a loan, you pay all your cash, and remove _one_ loan from each ship.

Could you stay there next turn and remove any remaining loans for free? Or is this a once per visit exemption?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
QBert80 wrote:
huber wrote:

Could you stay there next turn and remove any remaining loans for free? Or is this a once per visit exemption?

Once per visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Could you stay there next turn and remove any remaining loans for free?

No. The Pay Off Starship Loans action is done "each time you *enter* the Shipyard with loans" (emphasis added).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wandolowski
United States
Fox Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So every time I enter the Shipyards, I must pay off loans as my action. If I do not have enough to pay my loans, I give all the credits I have and remove ONE loan marker from each ship with a loan? The next time around I do the same thing to finish paying the loans? Either pay off the loan marker or give all my credits to the bank and remove the loan markers? Just want to be sure, want to get this to my game group on Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
falcon1300 wrote:
So every time I enter the Shipyards, I must pay off loans as my action. If I do not have enough to pay my loans, I give all the credits I have and remove ONE loan marker from each ship with a loan? The next time around I do the same thing to finish paying the loans? Either pay off the loan marker or give all my credits to the bank and remove the loan markers? Just want to be sure, want to get this to my game group on Sunday.

Just to be clear first - this really is a corner case, and not an expected situation.

But yes, the scenario you described is possible. You enter the shipyards without enough money to pay off one loan on each ship, pay all of your credits, and remove one loan marker from each ship with a loan. If you return to the shipyard on the next business cycle still without enough money to pay off one loan on each ship, you repeat the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.