Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from spurring from red/ green town (square major town) or my tracks previously built, can I build from green / red station/small towns (not in turn 1)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thisaliensean wrote:
Apart from spurring from red/ green town (square major town) or my tracks previously built, can I build from green / red station/small towns (not in turn 1)?

Could you restate the question, possibly with an example?

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. It'll cost red/green influence just as if you were going from a town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bruce,

When a town has been takenover by green or Red, it became Green/ Red town, I suppose a player can spur from these towns instead from the Major town (square towns)?

Lastly, Thanks for your help, as I struggle with the rules set which I think could be helped with more precise definition for station/ town/ major towns - what is a station btw, still this confuses me.

sean
PS this is a great game went under the radar brought to my attention by Richard's fantastic walkthrough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Jackson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Is this in a FAQ or perhaps a different version of the rules? I scoured the rules to answer this particular question:

Is a red "station" considered a red "town". I did not see any such statement, nor did I see any statement that you could start a track from a red "station".

Are the rules just poorly written or is this in there some where?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Jackson
United States
California
flag msg tools
I would say that given the way the rule book is written, that they use the word town/station when they mean town station:

For example, page 8:

"A passenger can be moved...if you can show that the passenger can be moved along a continuous series of your own links to a town/station belonging to the company matching the color of the passenger."

On page 5:

"In subsequent turns you can build from an area containing a red or green town or an area that you already have connected with your tracks"

Emphasis mine.

Clearly in the first instance they are using the slashed town/station but omitting it in the second. Is there an official rules clarification?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Jackson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ah, I see on page 11 of the rule book:

"The final link in the series must end in an area containing a town/station, i.e. all of the track taken over will start and end with a town."

Here there is a clear instance of using both to refer to the same thing.

It appears that the rule book is just poorly written and the town is equivalent to town/station is equivalent to station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever read the rules for Brass? Those rules are poorly written. I must of played it half a dozen times wrong before I finally got it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish they would clarify this as it seems this would add extra legs to the game. If I JUST did towns, in a 4 player game you really struggle to find things to deliver in the later rounds and complete sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika Berlin
Germany
flag msg tools
track building clarification: crossing links allowed?
Hi,

is it allowed when building tracks, crossing an opponents track line? E.g. I wanna build a track line from the direction west to east and on the way there is an opponents track line already build that goes from the direction north to south.Can I cross this opponents track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ana Forero
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mika25bln wrote:
Hi,

is it allowed when building tracks, crossing an opponents track line? E.g. I wanna build a track line from the direction west to east and on the way there is an opponents track line already build that goes from the direction north to south.Can I cross this opponents track?

The rule states that you can place track over any line dividing two zones as long as there are no other tracks overt that line (from your opponents or the red/green companies). Seems that is the case in your example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.