Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so my friends wife (who is very sweet and make them cookies with little m&m bits in them) wanted to get her husband a gift and since he and I are GOOD friends and avid boardgamers she went to the local game store and asked the shopkeep what great FIGHTING game should she purchase for her beloved to play with his best friend (thats me) He asked how much she wanted to spend and she said as long as she got a great game that she was not too concered about a BUDGET.

So being a wargamer himself he sold her tide of iron and both expansion packs that were there. Delighted she came home wrapped them up and presented them to Us as we showed up for dinner (i was invited which is why i was there) he opend them was truly touched and said he loved her and her present, because to do anything else woudl be useless. Now we are not wargamers typically but this game has good reviews and looks very nice so we thought we would give it a try and were hopeful that we would get into it.

So we opened the boxes and and saw ALL the neat bits and minis and such and cracked open the rule book and after and hour discovered. That we are definatly NOT wargamers, and we ran off to play arkham horror for the umpteenth time. Theres nothing wrong with the game just that we are not motivated to play it. So he asked me to trade these games away for something else that he would like. THESE GAMES ARE BASICALLY NEW and have seen NO table play and its about 150 bucks worth of tide of iron. Id like to trade the whole lot together so that it can all be shipped together but would consider trading the expansions seperate. he has given me a list of what he would like, a long list, and has put his faith in me to find him a fair trade for games that i know he would enjoy. so in conclusion if your interested in trading for tide of iron with the expansions then please GM me with a Updated FOR TRADE list and ill look and see if you have anything he would be interested in. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, let me wish you a whole-hearted best of luck in trading that stuff into games that you want for your friend. I definitely know what it's like to receive gifts from loved ones that weren't the best of choices for me. On the plus side, it looks like they don't have to sit on his shelf while he makes up stories for his wife about all the fun and exciting battles you two have been playing out.

Now the bad news, those games aren't worth what his wife paid. Problem #1 is that she bought them at a brick and mortar store. Not necessarily a problem to support your local store, but it means she paid retail. You're almost never going to be able to trade something at a retail price online since the online community, for the most part, pays online prices that are 30-60% off of retail prices. Problem #2, while Tide of Iron is a great game (I'm an avid war gamer and though it's at the lighter end of the pool, I'll still happily sit down and play it), it's not an in-demand game. FFG tends to flood the market with copies of whatever they produce. So if it's in print, there's tons of it. The expansions show up from time to time on Tanga or during the FFG holiday sale for $20-$30 and the base game can easily found for around $50 new. If you check completed ebay auctions you can get a sense of how much stuff there is for sale second hand and the prices people are actually willing to pay for them. Again, I hope you two get some great games in exchange for it, I just hazard you from setting your sights on recouping more than half of what your friend's wife originally paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
im hoping to get around 80-100 in trade stuffs and unless i trade it for ingots or bricks the shipping is going to be a bit steep on my end. but im willing to work with whoever he woudl be thrille dto get a couple of smaller games like runebound or ghost stories and mabye a card game or 2. i have already told him to expect to get less than she paid for it. and i have no problem with using the average second hand valueation as long as whoeever im trading with is equally fair with their games. i mean dont tell me flux or munchkin or zombie is worth 20 bucks or mure when i see them all over for 5-10. ive already recieved several inquiries and im sure ill be abel to find soemthign that sticks. thanks for your input

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.