Advanced Squad Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unexplained numbers on Scenario Cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
It doesn't effect my play in any way but I'm trying to work out what those numbers after many of the forces listed on the scenario cards mean.

Example might be:

German (138)
British (0)

or:

German (174)
Russian (76).

Sometimes no numbers are included.

I've searched and searched the rule book but can't find any clue. I suspect Chapter H might give a pointer somewhere but haven't found it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coyle
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick,
Check out Battlefield Integrity A16. It is optional and rarely used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a relation between these numbers and the also mysterious little numbers on the broken side of the MMC... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wargamerx wrote:
Nick,
Check out Battlefield Integrity A16. It is optional and rarely used.

Intro to said rules Section (A16.):

[In recognition that even simple record keeping is offensive to many, this rule is considered optional. Battlefield Integrity rules are never used in any scenario where either side begins play with less than ten squad-equivalents. However, occasionally, Battlefield Integrity will apply to only one side—as indicated by the presence or absence of the bracketed total number of MMC BPV in the starting OB for each side on the Turn Record Chart.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlefield Integrity Rule A16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Thank you everyone. Doubt I will ever use it but will read up on it when I get home - I'm eager to KNOW ASL, its history, variants and contraverses. After eight years playing wargames I realise that ASL is what most fascinates me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always try out my house rule (which I've never used) based on the lose-by-Squad-Break rule from Up Front:

Any side that loses an ELR step due to Battlefield Integrity immediately loses the scenario, regardless of actual VC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
WBRP wrote:
You can always try out my house rule (which I've never used) based on the lose-by-Squad-Break rule from Up Front:

Any side that loses an ELR step due to Battlefield Integrity immediately loses the scenario, regardless of actual VC.

Interesting idea, but sometimes scenario breaking. Some scenarios are designed for one side to be completely beat up even when they win. I think a lot of Italian scenarios are that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roundhill wrote:
WBRP wrote:

Interesting idea, but sometimes scenario breaking. Some scenarios are designed for one side to be completely beat up even when they win. I think a lot of Italian scenarios are that way.

And the Japanese. I don't know if BI works different for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
marticabre wrote:

It does a little bit.

G1.622:
"...The Japanese side may always add a -2 DRM to its Integrity Check DR. Otherwise, Battlefield Integrity applies unchanged when in effect."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Armstrong
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klasmalmstrom wrote:
marticabre wrote:

It does a little bit.

G1.622:
"...The Japanese side may always add a -2 DRM to its Integrity Check DR. Otherwise, Battlefield Integrity applies unchanged when in effect."

Wow. Klas even knows the rules no one uses. devil

S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.