Subject: Using the "interactive" spells in a co-op game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspired by this thread I tried to make alternative versions of the interactive spells.

Your feedback is welcome. (As I'm no native speaker this applies especially for formulations and alternative names.)

Mana Meltdown/Mana Radiance → Mana Growth/Mana Radiance

Mana Growth
Each other player may choose a crystal in their Inventory and get another crystal of that color. You may gain one crystal any one other play got in this way.

Mana Radiance
When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory. Each player who has no crystal of that color gains one.

Mana Claim / Mana Curse → Mana Gain / Mana Blessing

Mana Gain
Take a mana die from the Source and set it to any basic color already in the source. Keep it in your Play area until the end of the Round. You can either gain 3 mana tokens of that color this turn, or one mana token of that color each turn for the remainder of the Round (starting with your next turn). Do not reroll this die when you return it to the Source.

Mana Blessing
Same as the basic effect. In addition, until the end of the Round: Each time another player uses mana of that color from the Source on their turn it doesn't count to the limit of one die per turn you can use from the source.

Mind Read / Mind Steal → Mental Recovery / Mental Heal

Mental Recovery
Choose a color. Gain a crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory. Each other player may search their discard pile for a basic action card of that color and put it to their hand.

Mental Heal
Same as the basic effect. In addition to that , you may search your discard pile for any action card of that color (no Spell) and put it to your hand.

Energy Flow / Energy Steal → Energy Gain / Energy Boost

Energy Gain
Ready a Unit. If you do, you may ready one Unit of level II or less in each other player's Unit area.

Energy Boost
Ready a Unit. If you do, that Unit also gets Healed, and you may ready one unit of level III or less in each other player's Unit area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channing Guenther
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Fluxx wrote:
Inspired by this thread I tried to make alternative versions of the interactive spells.

Your feedback is welcome. (As I'm no native speaker this applies especially for formulations and alternative names.)

Mana Meltdown/Mana Radiance → Mana Growth/Mana Radiance

Mana Growth
Each other player may choose a crystal in their Inventory and get another crystal of that color. You may gain one crystal any one other play got in this way.

Mana Radiance
When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory. Each player who has no crystal of that color gains one.

Mana Claim / Mana Curse → Mana Gain / Mana Blessing

Mana Gain
Take a mana die from the Source and set it to any basic color already in the source. Keep it in your Play area until the end of the Round. You can either gain 3 mana tokens of that color this turn, or one mana token of that color each turn for the remainder of the Round (starting with your next turn). Do not reroll this die when you return it to the Source. How is this "friendly"? All this spell does is allow whoever played it to deny all other players the use of a specific die for the round.

Mana Blessing
Same as the basic effect. In addition, until the end of the Round: Each time another player uses mana of that color from the Source on their turn it doesn't count to the limit of one die per turn you can use from the source.

Mind Read / Mind Steal → Mental Recovery / Mental Heal

Mental Recovery
Choose a color. Gain a crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory. Each other player may search their discard pile for a basic action card of that color and put it to their hand.

Mental Heal
Same as the basic effect. In addition to that , you may search your discard pile for any action card of that color (no Spell) and put it to your hand.

Energy Flow / Energy Steal → Energy Gain / Energy Boost

Energy Gain
Ready a Unit. If you do, you MUST ready one Unit of level II or less in each other player's Unit area.

Energy Boost
Ready a Unit. If you do, that Unit also gets Healed, and you MUST ready one unit of level III or less in each other player's Unit area.

Good stuff. My corrections/comments are in RED.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c_guenther wrote:

Mana Gain
Take a mana die from the Source and set it to any basic color already in the source. Keep it in your Play area until the end of the Round. You can either gain 3 mana tokens of that color this turn, or one mana token of that color each turn for the remainder of the Round (starting with your next turn). Do not reroll this die when you return it to the Source. How is this "friendly"? All this spell does is allow whoever played it to deny all other players the use of a specific die for the round.

you are right the basic version isn't that helpful for others. I tried to stick with the original as close as possible.
With Mana Claim you deny others a die of a basic color. With Mana Gain you can use any die for it including black/gold. So the least efect is that you do no harm to others as you use a die nobody can use anyway. (OK, that is not really correct as there are other actions/spells/tactics which can use spent mana die)
If you choose the 3 tokens this turn variant the die would be returned as a die of a basic color. So you can take a spent mana die and return a unspent mana die. That would be helpful for others. Ooops now I realise that I have forgotten to strike the pasage with 'don't return until end of round'...whistle

New proposal wrote:

Mana Gain
Take a mana die from the Source and set it to any basic color already in the source. You gain 3 crystals of that color. Do not reroll this die when you return it to the Source.

So you can decide when to use the mana and the die is returned at end of turn showing a basic color. I striked the limitation which color you may choose - with this you just double any color already there. If you can use any basic color it i more helpful. I don't think it becomes to strong this way - it is still a spell where you have to invest a mana to start with.

Quote:

Energy Flow / Energy Steal --> Energy Gain / Energy Boost

Energy Gain
Ready a Unit. If you do, you MUST ready one Unit of level II or less in each other player's Unit area.

Energy Boost
Ready a Unit. If you do, that Unit also gets Healed, and you MUST ready one unit of level III or less in each other player's Unit area.

What ever you want - as I designed these versions for coop-play only I suppose you don't have to force someone to help your allied players. For competative gameplay I would use the original version. But 'must' is OK for me too - I can't think of a situation where your allied players don't want to have an unit activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.