Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Verticchio
United States
River Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Descent is a game packed with wonderful componenets. My goal was to make sure the game's peieces were all stored in a safe place. I set out to create a foam board box insert to keep my copy of Descent safe. Take a look: http://worthitgames.blogspot.com/2012/08/project-descent-foa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonus points if you can get the conversion kit and 1e monsters in there as well!

I have a similar solution - but with 1e you need another box AND a plano box.

I have ALL (1e and 2e) of the small monsters in a plano that is about 14" by 8" or so...

In the 2e box - all the cards, 2e large monsters, tiles, and ALL the heroes.
In Well of Darkness 1e box - all the large 1e monsters.

I also have a small craft box 1.5" by 8-9" with like 8 dividers that fit all the tokens for 2e - that fits perfectly in the 2e box.

Not the BEST solution - but it works... at least separates my monsters into 3 boxes to ease searching... if its a large 1e monster - I know right where to look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Verticchio
United States
River Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow that's one hell of a system you've got there. I only have 2E but I've heard my share of stores regarding the massive amounts of storage required for 1E and all the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can you give instructions on how we can make it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorDH wrote:
Descent is a game packed with wonderful componenets. My goal was to make sure the game's peieces were all stored in a safe place. I set out to create a foam board box insert to keep my copy of Descent safe. Take a look: http://worthitgames.blogspot.com/

Do you remember the numbers for the Plano boxes you used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Verticchio
United States
River Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The smaller box is a Plano 3500. The larger is a Plano 3600.

As for how to make it, the pictures show each step.

I began by measuring the inside of the box. Then I cut a piece of foam board to fit in the bottom. My cuts and measurements were not exact and it is very easy to trim off the sides if the piece is too big.

Then I measured the height of the box to make the sides of the foam insert. I then used a hot glue gun to glue the insert together. I did this inside the box to ensure a snug fit (I will never take the insert out).

Then I measured the inside of the insert and cut a piece for the second layer (that goes above the map tiles). I cut a small hole in the side of this piece for easy removal.

Then all you need to do is get a couple of Plano boxes, some baggies for your cards, and you are good to go!

Thanks for the interest in my project!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing Mate!!

one more question what is Plano 3500?
some kind of heavyheight paper?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Verticchio
United States
River Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Plano is the name of the company that makes the storage boxes. So the two storage boxes that I used were both from Plano and the model numbers are 3500 and 3600.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hun
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing...

I think I'm going to try it out on my copy... Thanks again...meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Verticchio
United States
River Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No problem! Go for it, I was hesitant to start a project like this but it all worked out great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so this is my Version of Storage Solution For Descent 2
First thanks to DoctorDH for his idea!
Second this is my very first try, i know its not perfect but is damn good for a guy with no skills in those thinks.

so this is how the box is after i have put all tiles inside

as you can see i try to save some space by putting foam board only to cover the tiles

and this is the cover i made

Those are all the stuff that i am going to try and fit in the box (Notice that the is a Munchkin box in there. that box contains the heroes card and figures)

Also the Tuck Boxes are from the file section here! http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/80365/descent-sleeved-tuck...
Thanks kerred!!

The rest are history!!!

But wait there is mooooore
there is room for the extra cards the CK will bring to us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Dawes
United States
Morgan Hill
California
flag msg tools
Impressive! I have tried many different ways of consolidating everything (1st edition and all expansions, 2nd edition and all expansions through Mists of Bilehall) and have finally ended up with the following. Takes help to haul, but that's what sons are for.

Cards:

Tiles and rulebooks in filebox, with each folder dedicated to 10 tiles:

A photo box for each hero + 1 for Overlord for storing stuff in between quests (used to use cardboard boxes from Road to Legend, but they're not doing so well anymore). These fit in the back of the filebox:

Heroes:

Agents, allies, and lieutenants:

Lastly, I have 2 of these beasts. One is just monsters. The second is the remaining monsters plus tokens, dice, etc.

I still have a few floaters that are too big or awkwardly-shaped for anywhere else. I may make some kind of tray that will hold them in the bottom of the filebox:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.