Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious if the rulebook included guidance on how to combine the treasures with the 4-4-4 variant. If not, how would you do it?

Also, is there a multiple Thunderstone Bearer variant yet (so we get to use their gold value)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking this, I was curious as well.

Here's what I've been doing:

* I put one treasure in the top 4 so it comes out early for a fun start.

* I put two treasures in the bottom 8 along with the guardian. This makes it a harder and satisfying ending if the treasures show up.

* Shuffle the rest in the middle.

In summary, fun start, tough ending, and surprises in the middle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My preference is for half to go in the middle and half to go in the bottom 8 - meaning that it is unlikely that all of the treasures will come out.

But as with all of the optional rules, I think that players should do what they find most fun. If, like the previous poster you like the fun of an early treasure for players to race to then go for it

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and I didn't realize there were only 6 treasures.

Maybe I'll just shuffle them all in the middle section. It won't stall the early game, and people won't get a bunch so late there's no chance of them coming up.

Thanks for the input, everyone!

edit: changed 5 to 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.