Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There was some discussion about it in this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9705788#9705788

However, this wasn't the main topic of discussion and was only mentioned by one or two posters.

My question came up while playing The Cardinal's Plight.

The open group in the first area was shadow dragons. We played to allow the Shadow Dragons to expand on to the obstacle terrain, but never during the movement of the dragon, only at the end of its movement when it expands back to 6 squares.

Is this legal? There are no special rules regarding large monsters and obstacles. And the rule only states that obstacles are "...treated as blocked spaces; they block movement and LOS.". There was never any movement into the blocked space, only the expansion of the large monster, so we ruled that this was legal.....

Thoughts?

(Ended up the heroes barely found the dawn relic before all 4 zombies were raised....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say not legal. The example of large monster movement in the rule book takes pains to show that the monster "shrinks" down to one square during movement, but that its final positioning must be valid. If I have time later I can try to find a supporting passage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Large monster expansion into a blocked space is the same as movement into a blocked space. It's not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nagati
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Playing that scenario now with the dragons as well. One hero was at the search tokens within a turn and found the relic on turn two. Encounter almost over now with NO raised zombies. cry

I forsee a very tough encounter #2.

The dragons can not block the diagonal path through the obstacles into the corridor. Even playing the way you were - the heroes should have made it into the corridor at least.

Oh and I agree with posters above - no expanding over blocked terrain..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok thanks for everyone's responses!

We did get to the caravan despite the dragons, and the relic was on the VERY last search token. hahahaha, just bad luck.

We might play it again. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.