Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This time a quite simple question: Is it allowed, to own several copies of the same spell? I know, that this is the case with skills, so I assume, that the same is the case with spells. Furthermore spells count as items (contrary to skills), and nowhere is written, that you can own only one example of an item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can carry multiples of the same spell. And trade them with other players too.

Carrying multiples would allow you multiple chances at casting the spell if your casting check fails.

You can even cast multiple instances of the same spell at once - such as 2 x Shriveling or 2 x Wither - if you carry more than one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gert74 wrote:
You can even cast multiple instances of the same spell at once - such as 2 x Shriveling or 2 x Wither - if you carry more than one of them.
You can indeed... so long as each spell is only a One Hand spell (or you have an "extra hand")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
A wither in each hand makes a high lore character into a pretty decent combat machine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
A wither in each hand makes a high lore character into a pretty decent combat machine.
True, but the big disadvantage of Spells IMO is that they are hard to use against "mobs".
Innmouth rulebook page 14 wrote:
Spells, whose rules text takes the form of “Cast and exhaust
to gain +X to Combat checks until the end of this combat,”
last until the end of the combat in which they are cast (i.e., for
multiple combat rounds until the combat is over), as long as the
investigator continues to devote the required number of hands
to keep the spell going. If the investigator stops devoting the
required number of hands, the bonus expires. Since the spell is
exhausted at the time of casting, it can only be used to fight one
monster each turn
. In the final battle against the Ancient One,
however, such spells must be re-cast for each attack (and can
be, since they refresh at the beginning of each round of the final
battle). Examples include Wither and Shrivelling.
my bold emphasis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Multiply Voice of Ra
Can I multiply a Voice of Ra spell? It's especially important for characters such as Dexter Drake or Harvey Walters, since if the succeed thier personal stories, thay can cast this spell with no sanity cost. So having 3-4 that spells, gives them enormous power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boski wrote:
Can I multiply a Voice of Ra spell? It's especially important for characters such as Dexter Drake or Harvey Walters, since if the succeed thier personal stories, thay can cast this spell with no sanity cost. So having 3-4 that spells, gives them enormous power.

I know of no rule that prevents this, so sure, it's possible... if they can get the multiple spell copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.