Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: Essen 2013 exclusive expansions and bonus material rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matias Saravia
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, is there a list or any way to know which expansions and bonus material will the publishers offer exclusively in Essen 2012? The free giveaways and also payed stuff.
Until now I only heard about a Dungeon Pets mini expansion.
Maybe it's just to soon yet to know about this, but the fair is only a couple of months ahead.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
BGG user

Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


has created a Geeklist in the past every year. (Like this one)

Maybe you should PM him to ask whether he's willing to start another one?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
DukeOfEarl wrote:
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


has created a Geeklist in the past every year. (Like this one)

I hope he doesn't mind that I started a new list like those now: Essen Spiel 2012 specials, freebies, promos and other giveaways

I couldn't wait any longer, so I started my own. This way people can add other upcoming promo items that they now of right now, too.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
A skinned math nerd wrote:
DukeOfEarl wrote:
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


has created a Geeklist in the past every year. (Like this one)

I hope he doesn't mind that I started a new list like those now: Essen Spiel 2012 specials, freebies, promos and other giveaways

I couldn't wait any longer, so I started my own. This way people can add other upcoming promo items that they now of right now, too.


Thanks for starting it. I'm on holiday right now so have little Internet access. When I'm back and if I find new information I'll add it to your geeklist.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Saravia
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
Great! Thanks a lot I'll be checking this list regularly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
I've been writing every publisher and his dog that I could find here on BGG, who are going to be in Essen according to the Spiel preview geeklist. And in case I couldn't find a user account for them, I contacted the game designers. I'll send out a couple more emails shortly. There is already a lot of feedback available.
6 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smurf-o-Deth
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
Dungeon Petz mini expansion? DO WANT.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
Mos Blues wrote:
Great! Thanks a lot I'll be checking this list regularly.

You can also subscribe to the geeklist. That way you're kept up to date on any change/addition to the list.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
smurfodeth wrote:
Dungeon Petz mini expansion? DO WANT.




Wait, what? Where?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
smurfodeth wrote:
Dungeon Petz mini expansion? DO WANT.


44 users list it as "for trade". I'm one of them meeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Essen 2012 exclusive expansions and bonus material
Maybe you could win mine here?

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/147385/unofficial-awesome-...



Khonnor wrote:
smurfodeth wrote:
Dungeon Petz mini expansion? DO WANT.




Wait, what? Where?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Saravia
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, a year and a day ago I made this post. Now I changed the year in the title but the question remains the same. Is there a list yet for 2013? I didn´t hear of any promotions yet which makes me worry a little since one of the best things in Essen was getting exclusive things.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mos Blues wrote:
Well, a year and a day ago I made this post. Now I changed the year in the title but the question remains the same. Is there a list yet for 2013? I didn´t hear of any promotions yet which makes me worry a little since one of the best things in Essen was getting exclusive things.


There is the Myrmes corrected tiles plus small bonus expansion, but that is all I know of right now.

As I'm a bit bussy right now I hope someone else will start the list again this year.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Saravia
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I finally found a promo for this year I created the geeklist http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/161240/essen-spiel-2013-sp...
Feel free to add anything other promo you found.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Saravia
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know very much about Essen but isn't a little worrying that at this date there's so few promos announced?
For me one of the best thing for attending the fair is to get special items but it seems that each year there are less of them cry
What's your opinion? There's still hope? Can it be that it's just too early? blush
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is still early. A lot of publishers have at least a promo card or something. But on the other hand, most promo items are not worth going to Essen just to get them. Essen is one of the two great games fairs in Germany, one of the most important and active game markets of the world. A lot of new games are published at this date, and Essen is the first opportunity to play and buy them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mos Blues wrote:
I don't know very much about Essen but isn't a little worrying that at this date there's so few promos announced?

Last year, I wrote geekmails and emails to every game designer who had something new at Essen, unless I could write to the publisher instead. In some cases, I contacted both. That's why I've had such a big list last year. And that's why I didn't want to do it again this year... whistle

A lot of people contributed information to my list that they received from newsletters, too, which I hadn't been subscribed to myself. One thing that I can tell you about myself: Kosmos will be offering the Legends of Andor: Wolf Warrior promo character for a donation. Only a limited quantity will be available each day. Source: Kosmos news article.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
Mos Blues wrote:
I don't know very much about Essen but isn't a little worrying that at this date there's so few promos announced?

Last year, I wrote geekmails and emails to every game designer who had something new at Essen, unless I could write to the publisher instead. In some cases, I contacted both. That's why I've had such a big list last year. And that's why I didn't want to do it again this year... whistle




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.