Subject: Any word on the August reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Thomas

Lakeland
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmb
I'm really looking forward to picking up Space Alert and was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the August reprint and maybe dates for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought Hammer is taking pre-orders now and..
I emailed Czech Games Edition about the possibility of these nice glass bits being in the reprint:

They said the reprint would contain plastic bits that look like the glass ones. If they're anything like these plastic bits from King of Tokyo:

That would be sweet!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noriaki Kono
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I e-mailed Rio Grande Games about 4 weeks ago asking when they'd reprint and they told me the reprint would be in about 4 weeks (which 4 weeks from then would officially have been the 6th of this month). They also immediately updated the Rio Grande website to reflect that the reprint would be in August. Anyhow, I can only imagine that the reprint will be in stores very soon .

EDIT: Awesome news about the plastic cubes, that makes me a ton more excited about the reprint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Thomas

Lakeland
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmb
What sucks is that I emailed them today and they said it would be 3-4 weeks until it is out. Bummer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noriaki Kono
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
uhh... so the reprint is being postponed another month? Well this is some very sad news, but thanks for the update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noriaki Kono
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I sent another e-mail to Rio Grande to confirm what Allen wrote. I essentially asked if the release had really been pushed back and here is the official response that I received: "Jay's last word on the matter was last week, when he told me that the reprint was scheduled to happen in about 2 weeks. That's when the actual printing happens; the games will still have to be assembled and travel over the ocean after that."

Guess us late comers to the game will just have to wait some more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Erwin
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, where can those of us who already have the game get the nice glass bits (or even the plastic bits) separately?

Thanks....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
erwinrd wrote:
So, where can those of us who already have the game get the nice glass bits (or even the plastic bits) separately?

Thanks....
See: Glass components?

In my opinion, they're cute and whatever, but they don't actually make good components. They're hard to see and the cylindrical energy rods roll around easily. We played with them once and went back to the original wooden components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The glass fuel rods are a little fiddly, but the glass energy cubes are awesome.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Eastling
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Emailed Rio Grand on Aug 23, 2012

I got this response.

"Dear Paul:

Thank you for your interest in Rio Grande Games.

Space Alert is being reprinted sometime this week or next, and the games should arrive in America in a couple of months."

Hope this gives some more info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gaston
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of months >_< aww man that's a bummer.

At least it's on it's way though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Hammer
msg tools
If anyone hasn't seen it yet, it is in stock on Amazon for $37.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Do the copies on Amazon have the plastic cubes in them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Zinnboni
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Also curious to know if the CD label issue has now been corrected. Anyone familiar with the last reprint or the one in progress?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noriaki Kono
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just ordered a copy on Saturday so it should be here in a few days... I'll post an update when it comes in so you all know (btw it's also not a copy from Amazon, it's a copy from some company called The Price Pros so Amazon hasn't officially gotten the new shipment in).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Davebond2010 wrote:
If anyone hasn't seen it yet, it is in stock on Amazon for $37.

I saw this as well. I suspect that since no one else has it online (even Thought Hammer now has it listed as 3rd quarter) sellers are just lowering the prices on older copies in expectation of the new reprint. What was $70 a week ago is $37 now on Amazon. Best of luck to everyone though, we all want the damn game. I'll keep waiting. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Low
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palabalo wrote:
Emailed Rio Grand on Aug 23, 2012

I got this response.

"Dear Paul:

Thank you for your interest in Rio Grande Games.

Space Alert is being reprinted sometime this week or next, and the games should arrive in America in a couple of months."

Hope this gives some more info!

Is there any incentive to wait for the reprint (e.g. Higher quality components, updated rulebook)? With my lack of patience, waiting until the end of October or potentially longer seems like an inordinate amount of time.

Essentially, is it worth waiting for the reprint or should I pursue a copy now when prices are back in the reasonable range?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Hammer
msg tools
davestephens wrote:

I saw this as well. I suspect that since no one else has it online (even Thought Hammer now has it listed as 3rd quarter) sellers are just lowering the prices on older copies in expectation of the new reprint. What was $70 a week ago is $37 now on Amazon. Best of luck to everyone though, we all want the damn game. I'll keep waiting. thumbsup

I'm guessing they are the original versions, but weren't there some rumors of the new editions being shipped early? Regardless, my copy should be arriving tomorrow afternoon, so I will let you guys know about the contents, CD label issue, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Levine
United States
Oro Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a copy off Amazon on Tuesday, when it gets in I'll report my findings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll lodge my guess... I think it is the new edition.

The game has been OOP for quite awhile, and I'd be surprised if these particular resellers were that on the ball to lower prices in anticipation of the reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Hammer
msg tools
Arrived today on schedule! I opened it up and the counters are wooden, not the plastic cubes shown in the post above. What other "tells" would there be to distinguish between the versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noriaki Kono
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are any of the CDs mislabeled? I get my copy tomorrow (for whatever reason ordering on Saturday means I get my copy after yours lol). I'll report back tomorrow on what mine looks like as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Hammer
msg tools
Two CDs, one with the training missions, one with the actual missions. Training CD has two training scenarios and 6 simulations. Mission CD has 8 missions. Both are properly labelled.

Also, my box has a "Rio Grande Games" logo right next to the Czech Games Edition in the bottom right hand corner of the box, which I do not really see in the photos here and is being reported in other places as indicative of the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Levine
United States
Oro Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Davebond2010 wrote:
Arrived today on schedule! I opened it up and the counters are wooden, not the plastic cubes shown in the post above. What other "tells" would there be to distinguish between the versions?

I believe the original had a mistype on the "stealth fighter" threat card which listed the speed as 4 instead of 3, maybe that would be a clue? Not sure if that got fixed at some point though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Hammer
msg tools
rlbond86 wrote:

I believe the original had a mistype on the "stealth fighter" threat card which listed the speed as 4 instead of 3, maybe that would be a clue? Not sure if that got fixed at some point though.

Just checked and my stealth fighter threat card has a speed of 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.