Hide
4 Posts

1830: Railways & Robber Barons» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question for tiles with lettercode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sig SegFault
msg tools
In our first Game session we noticed that some tracks can never build. For example if all yellow tiles with a large town where build no other town can be connected by tracks because its only allowed to build yellow tiles directly on the board.

Same can happen with Tiles which have a Lettercode. For Example OO (the Board has 4 possible locations for OO tiles) If both green OO tiles where build, all the other towns on OO field can never be connected by tracks? the Starting region of the "Erie" is also an OO field. What happened if all the green OO tiles where build before the Erie is founded? It seems that the Erie can never build valid Tracks in that case, because the Home station is not connected by tracks?
Have I overseen something?

I hope I described my problem understandable. My english is not the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an intentional part of the game.

Note that when you develop a tile, the old tile [in this case your yellow towns or green OOs] don't stay on the board under your new tile, but are removed back to the tile supply, so they'll eventually be available again for building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
SegmentationFault wrote:
In our first Game session we noticed that some tracks can never build. For example if all yellow tiles with a large town where build no other town can be connected by tracks because its only allowed to build yellow tiles directly on the board.

Correct, however the already placed #57 can by upgraded to #14 and #15 green city tiles, thus freeing the #57 to be used elsewhere.

Quote:
Same can happen with Tiles which have a Lettercode. For Example OO (the Board has 4 possible locations for OO tiles) If both green OO tiles where build, all the other towns on OO field can never be connected by tracks?

Yes, until one of the green #54 tiles has been upgraded to brown, thus freeing the #54 to be placed elsewhere.

Quote:
...the Starting region of the "Erie" is also an OO field. What happened if all the green OO tiles where build before the Erie is founded?

Then the Erie cannot place a tile or its home station until a #54 becomes available. It may place a station marker elsewhere and run trains via the D&H private of course, or could just be suitcased.

Quote:
Have I overseen something?

Yes, that upgraded tiles are returned to the supply for re-use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sig SegFault
msg tools
NateStraight wrote:
That's an intentional part of the game.

Note that when you develop a tile, the old tile [in this case your yellow towns or green OOs] don't stay on the board under your new tile, but are removed back to the tile supply, so they'll eventually be available again for building.

Thanks for that information. I thought the new tiles will stay on the old ones so the old ones can't be reused. Ahh... after looking in the rules again, I found the part with the replacing...
Thank you again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.