Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuff Inc. has a "2nd edition" listed for sale. Is there a new version of the game out?

CSI has the original version with the black box listed as out of stock, and the new one has a Red cover (which looks like the Polish artwork going by BGG's entries).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be this? The Resistance: Avalon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, these are two different things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh this? Not Resistance Avalon. I wonder what the changes are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe the second edition has different plot cards.

Old:

New:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
I believe the second edition has different plot cards.
My edition (I got a year ago) is the older box, and it had the new plot cards with art. I am sure the new one has them too, but this is not a new change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Prunk
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My edition (first one) doesn't have the new plot cards, but I bought them from the BGG Store. Maybe this one is just a new printing, nothing exactly new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
lprunk wrote:
My edition (first one) doesn't have the new plot cards, but I bought them from the BGG Store. Maybe this one is just a new printing, nothing exactly new.

I believe things are different, nothing 'new' though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
lprunk wrote:
I believe the "Second Edition" as listed on CSI has updated iconography and more text on the various cards. So, it's not just the Plot Cards that are changed.

I've also heard some of the components are no longer cards, but ... cardboard? I dunno...I haven't gotten my hands on this new edition, just heard things. I am definitely going to order it, regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What the hell were they thinking with that new cover? They went from intriguing cover art to a bad piece of Starbuck wannabe.

Ugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
lprunk wrote:
I believe the "Second Edition" as listed on CSI has updated iconography and more text on the various cards. So, it's not just the Plot Cards that are changed.

I've also heard some of the components are no longer cards, but ... cardboard? I dunno...I haven't gotten my hands on this new edition, just heard things. I am definitely going to order it, regardless.
I find this thread ironic as I've been looking to get The Resistance for a long time and all I saw available on CSI is the new Second Edition. Well I pulled the trigger and recieved my copy today. So far the voting cards and plot cards are of a nice linen. The Round Tableau is of a nice card stock (it's a nice quality and weight in my opinion) The rest of the game components are cardboard.

I think some of the art has been changed as my Establish Confidence card art does not look like what's above, however Keeping a Close Eye on you does. I can try looking at the gallery to see if any other art has changed but I think the game is pretty much the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
lprunk wrote:

I find this thread ironic as I've been looking to get The Resistance for a long time and all I saw available on CSI is the new Second Edition. Well I pulled the trigger and recieved my copy today. So far the voting cards and plot cards are of a nice linen. The Round Tableau is of a nice card stock (it's a nice quality and weight in my opinion) The rest of the game components are cardboard.

I think some of the art has been changed as my Establish Confidence card art does not look like what's above, however Keeping a Close Eye on you does. I can try looking at the gallery to see if any other art has changed but I think the game is pretty much the same.

Thanks for informing us. Is your box the cool charcoal one or the hideous red one with a cheerleader on the cover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
She's a spy cheerleader! Is the box bigger than the old one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
She's a spy cheerleader! Is the box bigger than the old one?

They really should have just used Emily's spy-card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My box is the new red "Cheerleader" edition.

The Spy Iconography and Resistance Iconography I've noticed is different and Jay just sent me a geekmail with a bunch of other differences that I can confirm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Post 'em! We're dying to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I loyally resist your efforts to uncover and spread hidden information!

SPIES!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanwinter wrote:

What the hell were they thinking with that new cover? They went from intriguing cover art to a bad piece of Starbuck wannabe.

Ugh.

lol I thought the same thing. It'd better be a BSG re-theme!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cover could have clowns contaminating pies and we'd still buy it.

Because its awesome.

How many games can say that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm in the minority but I think the new box will work better. The previous was a little bit generic, and perhaps 'classier'.

But this will catch your eye a lot better than the previous box. And getting noticed is half the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ridel wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority but I think the new box will work better. The previous was a little bit generic, and perhaps 'classier'.

But this will catch your eye a lot better than the previous box. And getting noticed is half the battle.

But making the customer think you are resisting sparkly vampires is half of losing that battle.

Yes, the box is bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are now double-sided tokens with guns on them to show who's going on the mission, instead of cards.

There are now vote tokens instead of cards.

Mission cards now have 'success' or 'fail' written on them.

Double-sided cardboard markers to show who won each mission instead of the wooden counters.

There are multiple boards for different number of players that show the different number of people for each mission, and they are bigger and have a spot to mark which proposal of the 5 you are on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chetil wrote:
Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, I meant of course pictures of the content
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.