Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

D-Day Dice» Forums » General

Subject: What's the problem with having creative images accepted for D-Day Dice??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might just be the crowd that modded it. Try a different day or time. Or upload it to your personal gallery and post here, so fans may comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep trying. It took me 3 attempts to get my 'cat-in-a-box' pic for DDD approved! Some people don't like 'cat-in-a-box' pictures, but I really wanted DDD to get the 'cat-in-a-box' treatment, so I just kept re-submitting the image until it was approved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's any consolation, I saw one of your images (the one with the Space Hulk Flamer), and at first was like "huh?", but then read your caption, and noticed that it was in the "creative" section, thought it was chuckleworthy, so I approved it.

I'm afraid I was looking for specific images at the time, so I "skipped" approving any of the others, and I know from experience how "argh!" frustrating it can be when your photos aren't approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Because pics on BGG are for the benefit of the picture viewers and not the picture takers.

I'd reject the picture because it doesn't even bling up the game. If you used the genestealers -- and they better be painted -- to replace tokens in the game, that would be different.

Don't assume or even require someone to read a caption to explain a picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
Just keep trying. It took me 3 attempts to get my 'cat-in-a-box' pic for DDD approved! Some people don't like 'cat-in-a-box' pictures, but I really wanted DDD to get the 'cat-in-a-box' treatment, so I just kept re-submitting the image until it was approved!

The BGG image policy (http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGG_Image_Policy) asks that you not just upload again in the hopes it will get through. If the reason for decline is something that can be corrected, than correct and re-submit, otherwise, the advice about submitting to a personal gallery was sound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
JoffW wrote:

The BGG image policy (http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGG_Image_Policy) asks that you not just upload again in the hopes it will get through. If the reason for decline is something that can be corrected, than correct and re-submit, otherwise, the advice about submitting to a personal gallery was sound.

The first picture of my lovely cat-in-a-box was declined because I submitted it to 'People' and a comment was received back that "cats aren't people", so I submitted it to 'Creative' and received comments, a) "how many cat pictures do we need" and b) "not another cat photo". My answer to those questions was a) just one more cat picture, and b) yes, another one, and so I re-submitted when the cat lovers were modding

One of the problems with this, is that often there is nothing wrong with the picture except that mods don't like, for example, cat pictures. Other mods do like cat pictures. Often pics are declined 'on a whim' even though there is nothing actually wrong with the pic. It's like Olympic gymnastics, one judge sees what another judge doesn't see. If there appears to be nothing wrong with an image, then one should be free to try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I approve kitties in boxes!", -- Erwin Schrödinger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.