Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cheapass is going to Kickstart a deluxe edition, starting 8/14/2012.

http://cheapass.com/node/94

I doubt it'll be tough for them to hit $10,000...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ernest
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Ten thousand might be easy, it might not. I have no idea. But you should see our stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CheapassJames wrote:
Ten thousand might be easy, it might not. I have no idea. But you should see our stretch goals.

Believe me, I'm looking forward to 'em.

Moo-ha-ha, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do I have this weird image of cheapass using kickstarter as the theme of their next game?

hmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's up.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cheapassgames/unexploded...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Cheapass demo monkeys mailing list still around? I think it would be a good idea to get the word out via the list. I have a Meetup towards the end of the month I'll be going to, and will bring along my copy of Unexploded Cow to promote the Kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ernest
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
I think most of the demo monkeys are following us on Facebook at this point. If they are still engaged.

If you demo Unexploded Cow, make sure you have the new free version. It's close (but not completely like) the upcoming release. We will post an update to the free version after Gen Con.

The rules just keep getting better.

-James Ernest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent M
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this be available at retail eventually? I'd love to support it but paying nearly as much for shipping as for the game itself is a major turn-off for me, especially when I'm right next door (as it were) in Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this. Had to share.

I'll see myself out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded with 29 days to go! Woot! Now, can we make it to the 60k under-stretch?

Edit:
As far as getting there, how can we increase the visibility of the kickstarter around here? I was keeping an eye out for it and I missed this post. Never saw it across the front page or anything.. heck even doing a full forum search for 'Unexploded Cow' doesn't put any of the kicker posts in the first 4 or 5 pages of results. The only way I happened upon it was pulling up James' designer page while I was looking for something else. If folks can't even find it when looking specifically for *this* game, that's gonna make it hard to snag them as backers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this going to be a completely overhauled version of the rules? Enough perhaps that it deserves its own game page? If so, put the petition in to the admins NOW so things don't get messy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aroncraig wrote:
As far as getting there, how can we increase the visibility of the kickstarter around here?

The Kickstarter URL is visible directly in the game's information under "Pre-Order Link". This has been added to the Kickstarter geeklist. There's not really much more that has to be done for this. It'll propagate on its own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aroncraig wrote:
As far as getting there, how can we increase the visibility of the kickstarter around here?

Well, besides the internets, you can always use Meetups to get the word out. You don't list which city you're in, so here's the Meetup Find page : http://www.meetup.com/find/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia
France
Losne
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
badge
Good grief!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I am now a backer for the game! Seriously, though, anyone complaining about the amount they have to spend for overseas shipping should also acknowledge that with the minimum pledges, you can get the *pdf* of the game. Which means printing your own, if you'd rather do it this way... I also backed the Kickstarter 'Camden' game (rewrite of Agora).

I'll just say one thing: go and pledge!

Sonia
Penniless MA student but Kickstarter backer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia
France
Losne
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
badge
Good grief!
mbmbmbmbmb
P.s. Because the project is fully funded, I know that Cheapass will deliver what has been promised thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.