Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Menear
United States
Vienna
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Robert E. Lee chit on the board, Marshall's Brigade started the turn on Seminary Ridge. The first roll was Heavy Fire, resulting in no hits, a Blue chit draw, and a shaken Advance Marker. As the turn progressed Marshall advanced onto the Emmitsburg Road (seven spaces forward) before the next Heavy Fire result.

Because the rules say Lee prevents the retreat of a brigade, but all other results apply, I resolved the Heavy Fire result as follows:

1) Flip Marshall's Rally marker to the Done side
2) Draw one blue chit

Since there is not an activation available to regroup, I left the Rally marker in the start space on Seminary Ridge. This leaves the brigade very vulnerable at the start of the next turn, but it seems to be the intent of the rule.

Any opinions? Did I do this correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I play it.

The next turn, I generally assign the division's general (or a Rebel Yell if I draw one) to this brigade to minimize the possibility of af a dreadful Heavy Fire before it regroups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it right, Dennis. Thanks for answering Frank! I hope you guys are enjoying the game.
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep ... and hate it too arrrh

Last play, first roll with general Lee put in play for the first turn, I rolled a Heavy Fire. "Cool" I said to myself, that's no effect cause I'm in the deployment zone, then I draw a blue event : "General hit" soblue Too bad, exit Lee!

Not a single advance but already -3 levels of victory. In the same game I then lost my three divisional generals before turn 4. I never engaged Longstreet for fear of losing him too... Of course the overall result was a catastrophe even if I succeeded taking 5 Union positions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.