Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
50 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Even LOWER prices at Target. Rune Age $8.98, Struggle For Catan $4.98 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearance section.

Medford NY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea what this would look like.

I stopped into a store over the weekend looking for Struggle for Catan, and all the game shelves were full of games...nothing at all in the clearance section.

This really is a store-by-store clearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect the local Target here never even carried Rune Age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
jerseydvd wrote:
I wonder if you find it on the shelf what it would scan for.

Rune Age scanned for full price at mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
every time i see these target posts i run out to the three different target stores in my area hoping that just one will have SOMETHING on clearance and I never find anything. I even scan the games just to make sure. Major bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
every time i see these target posts i run out to the three different target stores in my area hoping that just one will have SOMETHING on clearance and I never find anything. I even scan the games just to make sure. Major bummer.

same thing here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Clearance section.

Medford NY.

What's that you say? You've got a bunch of copies of Rune Age you need to get rid of? And you're sending them to everyone who replies to this thread? How very generous!

Seriously though, this is a great deal and I need to move closer to a better Target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Its purely hit and miss, and clearance is done on a store-by-store basis.

I went to four different target stores over time, and found nothing.

Then on my fifth Target stop, which was purely spontaneous in a city I was traveling through, I hit the gold mine. For $30 I got the following...

Rune Age
Deadwood
Struggle for Catan
Black Sheep

The sixth target I hit, was a dud once again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sad thing is, I used to work for Target and I thought I knew how their clearance system worked. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do try a price scanner if you see thee titles but not these prices. After weeks of seeing Zooloretto for $25 redtagged but hearing reports of $10 prices elsewhere I scanned one of the $25 copies and *poof*... $10!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance people might be able to add in the DCPI numbers if they pick up stuff from Target? No clue how accurate these are but there were a couple sites like this listed in the other Target threads.

http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net/~checkinventory/

This one is what people were listing for Zooloretto: 087100062

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a store by store clearance. I live near a target where these products consistently leave the shelves so no clearance there. The store I work near has stuff on clearance. I picked up zooleretto for 10 and black sheep for 5. The ffg stuff; deadwwod, Lord of the rings and run age have not gone on clearance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Truesdell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MCollier wrote:
RhodesN7 wrote:

same thing here

Ditto. But I stop in every once in awhile to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More than a decade ago I bought LEGO on clearance, so that I could break down the sets and sell the pieces in private auctions (and later on eBay, once they opened). This was before LEGO sold pieces in bulk to artists and such so there was a big specialty secondary market. Target often had the very best sales, but they were always this spotty and on an individual store basis.

Paid for my final year of college doing that. =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:

Then on my fifth Target stop, which was purely spontaneous in a city I was traveling through, I hit the gold mine. For $30 I got the following...

Rune Age
Deadwood
Struggle for Catan
Black Sheep

Time to start scouring target stores again.

I found lots of copies of Deadwood, Rune Age, and Struggle for Catan at my Targets when I was looking for clearance prices last week, but none were on clearance at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love how every single thread EVER of Target clearance sale, regardless of the site, comes to the same conclusion that clearance policies are made by the store itself. snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
I love how every single thread EVER of Target clearance sale, regardless of the site, comes to the same conclusion that clearance policies are made by the store itself. snore

That's why we need multiple threads discussing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
MCollier wrote:
RhodesN7 wrote:

same thing here

Our Target doesn't have a clearance section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

Rune Age
Deadwood
Struggle for Catan
Black Sheep

Time to start scouring target stores again.

I found lots of copies of Deadwood, Rune Age, and Struggle for Catan at my Targets when I was looking for clearance prices last week, but none were on clearance at that point.

Just stay on your side of the Metroplex (or at least leave me a couple copies)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ikiru wrote:

Just stay on your side of the Metroplex (or at least leave me a couple copies)!

Haha, I'll try not to hoard the games too much. I've only bought 1 copy of every clearance game I've seen except for Zooloretto, which I bought an extra copy for a friend of mine with two daughters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Koon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe when posting Target clearance prices, the poster should include the city or location of the Target?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked two Targets for clearance games, no joy.

Parker Rd, Plano TX
McDermott/75, Allen TX

I didn't find any copies of Deadwood, Rune Age, Struggle for Catan at the Plano store. I don't remember ever seeing any of those 3 at that store, so they may have never had any, or were clearanced a while ago.

The Plano store had some copies of Struggle for Catan, but it was normal price.

The only clearanced games I found were Jersey Shore and Modern Family. >__

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
Just checked two Targets for clearance games, no joy.

Parker Rd, Plano TX
McDermott/75, Allen TX

I didn't find any copies of Deadwood, Rune Age, Struggle for Catan at the Plano store. I don't remember ever seeing any of those 3 at that store, so they may have never had any, or were clearanced a while ago.

The Plano store had some copies of Struggle for Catan, but it was normal price.

The only clearanced games I found were Jersey Shore and Modern Family. >__

Jumped over to my FLTS and found the same thing, although they had copies of Deadwood, Rune Age, Struggle, and Lord of the Rings. Although, the curious thing is that the scanner on the aisle didn't have a record for Deadwood, Rune Age, or Lord of the Rings. However, at the checkout, they all scanned full price.

Maybe we are a bit ahead of the game right now. Ill check back later in the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ikiru wrote:

Jumped over to my FLTS and found the same thing, although they had copies of Deadwood, Rune Age, Struggle, and Lord of the Rings. Although, the curious thing is that the scanner on the aisle didn't have a record for Deadwood, Rune Age, or Lord of the Rings. However, at the checkout, they all scanned full price.

Maybe we are a bit ahead of the game right now. Ill check back later in the week.

FLTS haha.

From my recent endeavors at Target, it seems like Rune Age, Deadwood, and Lord of the Rings are all under the same SKU for assorted games of some sort. I was wondering why I kept finding Deadwoods and Rune Ages in the same spot in some stores, but noticed they rang up under the same SKU in the price checker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron Haycraft

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hit up a few Targets here in Louisville, KY (there are like 5 within a 15 minutes drive, I only hit 2), but all the games rang up for normal price. All, that is, except for Rune Age, which wouldn't come up at all on the scan thingies. That got me sort of hopefully, but when scanned behind the counter it was just on sale for $27.00 in stead of $30.00.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.