Madrak The Mighty
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Here is what I have come up with so far for a custom race for Twilight Imperium with both of the expansions. I would appreciate any constructive feedback on the race.

The Peace Keepers of Traal
Home System

-Vishnu 2/1
-Balder 2/1
Starting Techs
-Hylar V Assault Laser
-Deep Space Cannon
-Graviton Laser System
Abilities
-Your destroyers get +1 on anti-fighter barrage rolls
-Your PDS get +1 on all rolls
Leaders
-Scientist
-Diplomat
-Agent
Trade Agreements
Starting Units
-Spacedock
-2 PDS
-Carrier
-3 Ground Forces
-2 Destroyers
Racial Techs
-Your PDS have a range of 2, but only when firing into a system containing one of your dreadnoughts or your flagship. Cost 2
-When your destroyers or you Flagship make anti-fighter barrage rolls, on a result of a 10, they inflict 2 hits. Cost 2
Flagship
-Name: Pax Galactica
-Cost: 12
-Movement: 2
-Capacity: 6
-Attack: 6
-Sustain Damage
-Anti-fighter Barrage x2 (x3 when you have the Automated Defense Turrets technology advance
-When your PDS are firing into a system that contains this flagship, they receive +1 on their roles.

The basic idea is that the race can use their dreadnoughts and flagship as spotters for their PDS fire. The improvements to anti-fighter barrage are due to fighters being the main impediment to PDS fire being effective, especially in the late game. As I am thinking about it, there should be a way for their anti-fighter barrage rolls to come before their PDS rolls. I'm not sure the best way to accomplish this. Again, any constructive feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the increased range of PDS would be over powered.
You'll be able to transport 6 PDS on one carrier, land on a planet in a system adjacent to the one with your main forces, then move your fleet to another system and still get a fire support from PDS (as long as there's a DN or FS in it).

My idea is, why not instead of increasing PDS range, give them an ability: "Hits inflicted by your PDS fire before space battles must be assign to non-Carrier, non-Fighter ships." and maybe nerf it a little: "You cannot shoot with more than 2 (3 if your FS is present) PDS before any space battle."

Then, you wouldn't need bonuses to anti-fighter barrage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Why not hit non-carriers? A carrier hit by PDS fire destroys fighters, since it's before the Space Battle step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gagnon
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Are the Peace Keepers more centered around defending their own or intervening in other races affairs.

Their do not have any yellow tech, have decent home worlds, lower trade cards, and start with one carrier in a full fleet. Their start could be worse then then Sardaks.

Their PDS tech is good. The dreadnought/flagship requirement may be enough to prevent it from being over powered. The flagship movement 2 and capacity 6 looks like it exists to attack and take control of neighboring planets with PDS backup.

Type 4 drive would be great for them, but they would need 5 techs before it even became an option.

Since all their racial abilities and techs are centered around improving combat I'd have to guess this is an aggressive race looking to impose its own style of peace on the galaxy.

The only thing that worries me is the movement 2 and capacity 6 on their flagship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.