Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Casinghino
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just finishing up my best solo conquest ever. I'm at 125 fame now and may gain more in the last turn. Are there rules for leveling up after you lap the fame board? I'm not sure what to do since the pile of skills has been exhausted!

I'm really excited to tally up the score. I'll be sure to post a session report if it's as good as I think it will be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccasin wrote:
I'm just finishing up my best solo conquest ever. I'm at 125 fame now and may gain a few more in the last turn. Are there rules for leveling up after you lap the fame board?

If you reach 1,000,000 Fame, you can increase your armor and hand size to 99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Casinghino
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
If you reach 1,000,000 Fame, you can increase your armor and hand size to 99.

I know it's silly to care since I've already won and can take on just about anything anyway. Still, I'm a bit curious since my score may change marginally if I am supposed to gain more advanced actions or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want a serious answer, there aren't any levels higher than 10. I thought that's pretty clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You keep counting your fame by lapping the board but you no longer gain any levels. I seem to remember this being mentioned in the rule book somewhere but with me being at work I can't look it up now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Maloof

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
ccasin wrote:
I'm just finishing up my best solo conquest ever. I'm at 125 fame now and may gain more in the last turn. Are there rules for leveling up after you lap the fame board? I'm not sure what to do since the pile of skills has been exhausted!

I'm really excited to tally up the score. I'll be sure to post a session report if it's as good as I think it will be

Congrats! Looking forward to reading it if you have time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekar wrote:
You keep counting your fame by lapping the board but you no longer gain any levels.

I don't think the rulebook actually says anything about going back to the start of the Fame track, although I could be missing it. I think you just move off the end of the track and keep going, although of course people often use the same track again to keep track of how far they have gone. But if you do that then clearly the transition from one line to the next becomes irrelevant, you're just using it as a scoring track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Benson
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Tekar wrote:
You keep counting your fame by lapping the board but you no longer gain any levels.

I don't think the rulebook actually says anything about going back to the start of the Fame track, although I could be missing it.

I don't think the rulebook does either, but the walkthrough does.

Page 17 - "A Hero cannot Level up past level 10. If a Hero's Fame increases past the end of the last row on the Fame board, continue tracking the Fame by moving them back to the first spot on the Fame track, but that player gets no more Level up bonuses"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That'll be when you need the Mage Knight: Nigel Tufnel expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is Nigel Tufnel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Benson
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spinal Tap guitatist - origin of comments about turning things all the way up to 11 because it must be louder/better than 10!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.