Gunship: First Strike!» Forums » News

Subject: New Dice Prototypes and Mk II Images! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C East
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve gave us another kickstarter update today showing off new dice prototypes and the MkII Gunships, Fighters and Carrier.

As to why the green cross-hairs look so dull in the picture, Steve had this to say:

Escape Pod Games wrote:
Yep it's the lighting. I don;t know why I can't ever get a good camera shot with all the flourescent lighting around here...but the green is actually a lime green and has really good contrast.

As far as differences go between Mk1 and Mk2 there does not seem to be many yet. The fighters are the same at this point in time as is the carrier (judging by the art work). There is a small difference between gunships, however. Mk1 has two weapon pods and torpedo launcher while the Mk2 has 1 weapon pod and two torpedo launchers (allowing the play of two torpedo cards per turn). The Mk II has also been hit with the ugly stick repeatedly.

Some concerns have been raised over the structural integrity of the gunship Mk II. Steve said that is wasn't a problem as the sections in question were much thicker than they look and the picture and that he would post a top down view of them. He has already done that in update 51 on the KS page. As that post was for backers only I will not post the contents here. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris

I have no problem with Backers-only stuff in here. No big secrets to my knowledge. Its just a setting that can be useful but I am fairly transparent.

Don't insult my baby! The Mk II is a BEAUTIFUL lady.

Especially when you're pinned down in a foxhole and your only salvation is the scream of her engines as she comes to rescue you from the enemy armored column.

The MkII is the A-10 Warthog of the Gunship universe. And yes, you can mount a Gatling (Auto-Blaster Cannon) right in her nose.

Oh yeah - there are Missile Pods and an Ion Missile! Many more pics coming later this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The MkII is the A-10 Warthog of the Gunship universe.
Sounds cool, but I still think that the vehicle would have looked somewhat better with the connector part being a little bit bigger (magnetic connectors or not) and a little bit further towards the middle part of the main hull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape Pod Games wrote:

She may not be as elegant, but she is beautiful in her own right. Plus those two torpedo launchers are hot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can't way to have my mailbox full of gunships cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C East
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape Pod Games wrote:
I have no problem with Backers-only stuff in here. No big secrets to my knowledge. Its just a setting that can be useful but I am fairly transparent.

Good to know. So without further ado, here are the Mark II Gunship boards (with "wings" and a note):

Escape Pod Games wrote:
Note: These are going to be printed on 2-sided boards so you can choose the color. The cards will be neutral and usable by either color.

Right now, this is exclusive to the Kickstarter Captains due to a mistake on my part but they will be available for everyone later this year. All of my Kickstarter Backers will get the opportunity to add the Mk II to their fleets before the general public.

Escape Pod Games wrote:

Well it does have a face only a mother could love... but if you insist, I will just do it under my breath. mumble mumble ugly stick mumble cough cough repeatedly cough cough.

Escape Pod Games wrote:
Oh yeah - there are Missile Pods and an Ion Missile! Many more pics coming later this week!

Mmmm... cookies. So tasty. (WARNING!! Do not click that link)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.