Popular Tags: [View All]
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read in the Hades rules, that each hero counts as one military unit, plus their two special abilities. I take this to mean then, that Achilles counts as 3 troops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say if it's the correct interpretation (I don't remember having read anything against it though) but the sheet's wording has us think Achilles only counts as two military units, not three: in other words, his military power gives a +1 military unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
capn_tucker wrote:
I just read in the Hades rules, that each hero counts as one military unit, plus their two special abilities. I take this to mean then, that Achilles counts as 3 troops?

You got that wrong.

Each hero counts as one troop.

BUT in addition to a standard troop, each hero also has two special abilities.

In Achilles' case, his special power is that he counts as two troops instead of one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matagot_contact wrote:
capn_tucker wrote:

You got that wrong.

Each hero counts as one troop.

BUT in addition to a standard troop, each hero also has two special abilities.

In Achilles' case, his special power is that he counts as two troops instead of one.

OK thanks for the clarification. I had to ask, because the literal wording gives the impression of three troops. I didn't think Achilles was that powerful, but just wanted to know for sure in case it ever came up in a game..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.