United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If you have a presence in a system (i.e. ship, colony, factory etc), are you allowed to look at the facedown planets in that system any anytime, or only right after you move a ship there?

2. Can you look at your own facedown action cards in the queue?

I ask these question because I hate any type of memory mechanic in a game. I feel that it only makes sense that you can always look at the planets around a star if you have a presence there because thematically it would make no sense otherwise. I also think it would only be fair to be able to look at your facedown action cards; it would not really affect the game play to disallow this.

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Mote
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not an official answer (obviously), but we always play as though you can look at any time, but in the case of orders you cannot change anything once played.
Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good to know someone else agrees that looking (planets and cards) is okay. I totally agree that you cannot change action cards once played; iys just my group (myself included) often wanted to make sure of the cards played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd say you play it what ever way suits your group best

Personaly I'd say no looking at either planets or played cards. For me it adds some interesting aspects. Besides, what cards you have played is usualy real easy to remeber or even deduce from what cards you have left in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
I've always played that you can't look neither at your action cards, nor at the planets, and that you have to remember, but I always enjoy some memory in my games. If you don't, play it the other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can generally look at your remaining action cards and figure out what you played, but we played where you could look during the placement phase (but not after). As for the planets, we played where you couldn't look again unless you were moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I too dislike memory mechanics in all games. This is the #1 reason I don't want to play Ad Astra much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.