Lluís Piñol Masgoret
After playing several games we have doubt that we wanted, if it's possible to clarify.
1. A player plays a rebellion event in a province, for example Amurru, in the 5 round of the first turn, in the beggining of the second turn the rebellion continous active rebellion.? and if so it, should be removed from the game mercenary units and the charriot units of the rebels or there continue in the game?
2. Whoever controls the rebels, which has been activated or everyone player playing a card of value 3?
3. In turn 6, when the mitanni power disapear and begin the new assirian power, all the mitanni provincies become neutrals or pass to Assyrian hands?
4. I have 20 units, the king and the two warlords in Ugarit. I spend a card of 3 and I buy 3 mercenary Units. After I play a card event and i receive 4 mercenary units more. I decide to move my leaders and with a maximum of 20 units. 7 units not can move and leave there without leader. Is possible leave 2 charriots units and 5 mercenary units?. If another player invade Ugarit, all these units can contribute to the defense of the city? and finally if during the battle the defensor lost the two charriots units an rest the mercenary units only in this espace, this units pass to the hands of the attacker?
5. When a player win a siege place a PC marker or a garrison marker?
6. When a player enter in a city without garrison must spend 1 MP to place a PC marker?
Alex crossing the Jaxartes... tricky endeavour.
Hm, no reply after so many days? Strange... I will give it a try, but I am not 100% sure, since my rulebook is far away...
1. I believe that the rebels are removed from the board in the Reinforcement phase of a turn. So playing rebels in the fifth round of a turn is not such a great idea, in the first place.
2. If rebels are governed by the same rules as neutrals are, then every player may gain control by playing a 3 OPs card. I believe that this is true for rebels as well.
3. The Mitanni controlled city spaces change to Assyria controlled spaces. The do not become neutral spaces. So, you exchange the Mitanni PC markers with Assyrian PC markers. Note that the Home Country of the power changes from Mitanni to Assyria, which is particularly important for the enemies of that power at the end of turn six...
4. Mercenaries may never be left without a general. If you do, the mercenaries are immediately removed from the board. So your scenario cannot happen.
5. After a successful siege you place a PC marker, no garrison.
6. Correct. One extra MP to gain political control of the entered city space.
Hope that helps!
4. Mercenaries may never be left without a general. If you do, the mercenaries are immediately removed from the board.
the rulebook says
"Mercenary: Mercenaries are combat units. When they are recruited
by a Major Power, they must at all times be stacked with a general
or unit(s) of the controlling Power. If they remain in a space without
a general or alone, they become a Barbarian unit (21.0)."
So according to this the mercenary units would not immediately removed, but become barbarian units.
I am confused a litte by the meaning of "without a general or alone". Does that mean, in a stack of let's say one chariot and on mercenary unit and a general, the mercenary immediately becomes a barbarian unit if the general is activated and moves away?
And would ensue a battle?
Or only if the general takes the chariot also with him?
I believe what its saying is that you can have mercenaries with just a general and you're fine. You can have mercenaries with just a unit and you're fine. However, if you have mercenaries without a general or without a unit, they become barbarians. The "or" probably should have been an "and/or."
Here is my response to your questions:
1. Revolt units continue in the game; they are not removed like player nation mercenaries and chariots. Only Barbarian armies are removed.
2. I believe the player playing the card controls the rebels initially and then whoever plays a 3-ops card thereafter
3. No, all Mitanni PC markers are removed and the spaces become neutral. Only Assyria is controlled by the Assyrians at the start of turn 6
4. That is correct. The space passes to the winner (not the units)
5. Place a PC marker. Garrison markers can only be placed by (a) playing a strategy card, (b)spending 1TP during the Reinforcement Phase, or (c) by event card e.g. with revolts etc.
6. That is correct