Popular Tags: [View All]
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

But I put too many fighters into Mateur. Should have spread them out to Ferryville and Djedeida to avoid multiple fighters being swept by one of the few Axis fighters ...

All those primary and secondary roads, and the small number of units relative to map area, make for lots of exploitable gaps in Tunisia early on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. Painful situation. You'll never make that mistake again I reckon. Best of luck to 10Pz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm only curious: Where did Allied units take their supplies? How did they survive the Supply phase? devil

F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Filippo Chiari wrote:
Hi,

I'm only curious: Where did Allied units take their supplies? How did they survive the Supply phase? devil

F.

Hi Filippo,

There is a 12-0 HQ in Souk el Arba (A30.20) which is in trace along the rail line.

It can throw along the route Bedja - Djebel Abiod - Mateur. It is just under 9 truck MPs from Souk el Arba to Mateur. So the HQ provided trace as far forward as the British brigade next to Bizerte, the French tanks in Djedeida and the British brigade in Tebourba.

Some of the US armoured units near Bizerte got there in the movement phase, and ate from their organic truck in the supply phase. But a number of the units of US 1st Armoured division got to where they are in exploitation (they were back near El Aroussa and Oued Siliana in the supply phase).

Tracey wondered why I didn't go straight for Tunis given my clear run on the drive from the South.

The answer lies in the qualities of US 1st Armoured division: it is a big unit - lots of combat factors and lots of sub-units. But only a couple of them are AR3, most are AR2. So it is much better (to my way of thinking) using movement to dislocate the Axis (rather than direct attack). I might have been able to get to 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 close at +0 vs the Tunis garrison, but the road to Bizerte may have remained open (or thinly screened), as would the Southern route from Tunis to Medjez el Bab.

So I went for pocketing the main Axis army and attempting to bottle up the 10 Pz relief force in Bizerte (I DG'ed them with the last roll of the turn - an exploitation phase air barrage which cost me (another) aircraft step to flak, and which succeeded by one pip on the dice).

Regards

Malcolm C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TankBoy wrote:
... in OCS, there also appears to be a chance of surviving ones SNAFU's and be able to continue the fight. I'm looking forward to seeing if this hopefulness of mine rings true later today when 10th Pz attempts to come out of Bizerte and saves the daywhistle

Someone else has said that when playing OCS you always feel like you are on the brink of disaster,and scrambling to avoid it.

Which is probably why it is fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thk u Malcolm,

Now is clear!

F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tunisia is all about defense in depth, the low amount of units you have to work with, and roads that define every movement, really stress the need to garrison the cross points etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.